2018ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone here know anything about the mooting competition held by western syd uni?

Also I gotta admit I've come to like legal less and less as the year goes on, but its more because of the classwork rather than the subject itself. I've heard the content gets better in Yr12 tho

Last edited:

kendallkreene

HSC
A few days to go! I'm excited because I finally have something to work towards. After some thinking and researching this holidays, I've decided which degree I want to do and what uni I want to get into.

Year 11 was mainly a mess because I had no idea of my future, what my darn goal was in life. Yeah, I knew I needed to get a relatively high ATAR, but for what? Personal/family pride wasn't enough. Working on those essays and studying was a drudgery because I had no direction, let alone a final destination. Now I can't wait to get it on. :D

Last edited:

HoldingOn

HSC
A few days to go! I'm excited because I finally have something to work towards. After some thinking and researching this holidays, I've decided which degree I want to do and what uni I want to get into.

Year 11 was mainly a mess because I had no idea of my future, what my darn goal was in life. Yeah, I knew I needed to get a relatively high ATAR, but for what? Personal/family pride wasn't enough. Working on those essays and studying was a drudgery because I had no direction, let alone a final destination. Now I can't wait to get it on. :D
What do you want to do?

SM2001

HSC
N/A
Hahahah dangg, I loved English Ext in the first week and I love it now. But, I loved Maths Ext also initially, then eventually dropped it out of a passionate hatred lol. Hated legal studies too, but now it's my favourite subject. Hated Advanced English, but now it's one of my favourite subjects too; it's grown on me a LOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tbh it was bc i didnt like the teacher she was very all over the place, i didnt understand the level of work and it made me so stressed

PikyoK

HSC
So excited for Year 12 on Tuesday 10th October

Year 11 was a mess for me too.

I'm doing 1984 by George Orwell.

Who else is excited for Year 12?

HoldingOn

HSC

I'm keen to start and then finish. Not sure if excited describes my mentality- I'm sure any of yours will dissipate very quickly when the assessments start rolling in haha

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I'm keen to start and then finish. Not sure if excited describes my mentality- I'm sure any of yours will dissipate very quickly when the assessments start rolling in haha
It will especially happen when HSC approaches and you can't wait for it to be finished

Lumenoria

HSC

I'm pretty keen to start tomorrow aswell, the holidays have been boring the shit outta me—I feel like I need something to work towards/do. Really hope I start off my first few assessments well though, because I know that if I don't, it'll throw me off my game completely. Also doing 1984 by George Orwell :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Good luck to everyone starting Yr12!!

And good luck to those doing their HSC!!

PikyoK

HSC
I just completed my first day of Year 12. Two words: Awkward and funny.

Some subjects started with Year 12 stuff (like English with the Area of Study, Discovery) while other subjects like Maths continued with Year 11 stuff. The majority of the new Year 12s like me went to Sport when I initially thought that Year 12s don't go to Sport; so I just went to the library to study. I felt like I was in limbo.

The absolutely hilarious part of the day was the Year 12 Food Tech class in Period 1 or 2 (my grade) which was next door from the class I was in. They were cooking crepes when suddenly the very loud fire alarm that deafened my ears went off. All the students were in hysterics (including me) and the teachers had to stop all classes. We then rushed down to the assembly area to get our names marked off and a few minutes later we were back in class.

How's that for your first day of Year 12? XD :bosman: :newburn: :spzz: :spin: :lol: :rolleyes: :awesome:

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I just completed my first day of Year 12. Two words: Awkward and funny.

Some subjects started with Year 12 stuff (like English with the Area of Study, Discovery) while other subjects like Maths continued with Year 11 stuff. The majority of the new Year 12s like me went to Sport when I initially thought that Year 12s don't go to Sport; so I just went to the library to study. I felt like I was in limbo.

The absolutely hilarious part of the day was the Year 12 Food Tech class in Period 1 or 2 (my grade) which was next door from the class I was in. They were cooking crepes when suddenly the very loud fire alarm that deafened my ears went off. All the students were in hysterics (including me) and the teachers had to stop all classes. We then rushed down to the assembly area to get our names marked off and a few minutes later we were back in class.

How's that for your first day of Year 12? XD :bosman: :newburn: :spzz: :spin: :lol: :rolleyes: :awesome:
I hope the crepes weren't on fire! :newburn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)