2019ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

KingTings

HSC
Went through quite an intense fortnight just then, had 4 assessments due in the past fortnight (2 of them on the same day...!)

So excited for the long weekend though, what are we all doing? Sadly might still do lots of work since I got an English assessment due week 7 + studying for trials
rip I haven't starting studying for trials lol.
Got maths next week then english the week after.
Then bang! No more assignments for high school, just exams!
Gonna be doing straight past papers this long weekend rip

TeheeCat

HSC
It's all good, I didn't really start either... many of us probably haven't either with all these assessments. Good luck with math and english, what kind of assessments/topics you have?

My English assessment is a creative writing hand in + short answer reflective questions in`class

KingTings

HSC
Trials start August 14th for me uhGhGHHGgh.
It's all good, I didn't really start either... many of us probably haven't either with all these assessments. Good luck with math and english, what kind of assessments/topics you have?

My English assessment is a creative writing hand in + short answer reflective questions in`class
I have a 70 minute test to write a Mod A comparative essay and a discursive based on a topic/concept from Mod B.
It's worth 30%, so muchhhhh.

RicoBurrito

HSC
Man, every time I get a decent looking break which I would be able to spend it fully on study & assessments, teachers decide to stack up on work. This has happened repetitively throughout the year. That's probably why I haven't been here very often as I actually never have the time. Thankfully I just have one more assessment before trials, unless everyone starts staking work again, smh.

akaalfauj

HSC
I got my trials starting tuesday. ); Got english, maths, ext maths and chemistry all within the first 4 days. Then ag (pretty easy), then ext science which doesn't even count towards anything (that's one good thing I guess).

Jai2019

HSC
Can someone transition subjects going into year 12. Like change the level of math to a higher level. Like standard to advanced or 3 unit.
Thanks

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone transition subjects going into year 12. Like change the level of math to a higher level. Like standard to advanced or 3 unit.
Thanks
Nope. Only thing you can do is take up Maths Extension 2 which requires you to be in at least Maths Extension 1, but you cannot for example transition from Maths Adv to Ext 1.

Jai2019

HSC
does anyone have a report/essay/writing/research about or relating to children and online safety. its due in two two days but i have an exam on the same day so i wanted something similiar so i can use it as a scaffold for mine.

joytishaprasad

HSC
hey, I'm currently in year 12 and am doing the following subjects:
- Modern history
- Maths standard
- English advanced
- Legal studies
- Business studies

I have trials upcoming Monday and realistically speaking these are the scores I'm expecting:
- Modern history 60
- Maths standard 80
- English advanced 30
- Legal studies 90
- Business studies 90

I was wondering that if these were to be my internal scores after trials what ATAR should I be expecting if in the HSC I'm aiming for anywhere between 75-80 plus in all my subjects beside English I'll be happy with an internal mark of 30 and an external mark or 50.

Currently aiming for an overall ATAR of 75 plus :)))

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
- Modern history
- Maths standard
- English advanced
- Legal studies
- Business studies

I have trials upcoming Monday and realistically speaking these are the scores I'm expecting:
- Modern history 60
- Maths standard 80
- English advanced 30
- Legal studies 90
- Business studies 90

I was wondering that if these were to be my internal scores after trials what ATAR should I be expecting if in the HSC I'm aiming for anywhere between 75-80 plus in all my subjects beside English I'll be happy with an internal mark of 30 and an external mark or 50.

It's going to be quite close. You might or might not get the 75+. All depends on how you go in English now. IMO you are sitting around 75ish provided you get the 50 in externals for English.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
- Modern history
- Maths standard
- English advanced
- Legal studies
- Business studies

- Modern history 60
- Maths standard 80
- English advanced 30
- Legal studies 90
- Business studies 90

I'd say it is possible if you focus on studying the last few months. Any possibility to raise English would be most beneficial for you at this point.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Good luck with HSC people :) remember that if you did bad in trials it's not entirely a bad thing - they're meant to be practice for the HSC for a reason - just reflect on why you did bad and adjust your studying methods and work on your weaknesses. If you did good, also reflect on what worked and keep implementing the same effective methods. My school had 3 sets of trials back in 2017 so we had soooo much practice and the HSC didn't really feel stressful, so maybe set some exam conditions and try do trials/past HSC in those strict conditions and it will help a lot. Also I found that peer marking past exam papers (esp. if no solutions online) was VERY useful. I did this with a few biology friends and we all smashed the HSC because we were able to test our own knowledge by marking WHILE ALSO learning from other responses and their structures.

If you need some more specific tips feel free to ask :D remember everyone has different studying methods !!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Good luck with the HSC and remember it is a marathon not a sprint so remember to pace yourself for it.

Reactions: fet

fet

HSC
Good luck with HSC people :) remember that if you did bad in trials it's not entirely a bad thing - they're meant to be practice for the HSC for a reason - just reflect on why you did bad and adjust your studying methods and work on your weaknesses. If you did good, also reflect on what worked and keep implementing the same effective methods. My school had 3 sets of trials back in 2017 so we had soooo much practice and the HSC didn't really feel stressful, so maybe set some exam conditions and try do trials/past HSC in those strict conditions and it will help a lot. Also I found that peer marking past exam papers (esp. if no solutions online) was VERY useful. I did this with a few biology friends and we all smashed the HSC because we were able to test our own knowledge by marking WHILE ALSO learning from other responses and their structures.

If you need some more specific tips feel free to ask :D remember everyone has different studying methods !!
yeye my teachers have scheduled mock HSC exams every week until the real HSC, so I'm getting a lot of practice and experience with stressful exam conditions. I'm definitely working on my weaknesses in math, particularly 3unit because I'm still flopping in topics like binomials, inequality induction, parametrics and a good thousand more. but I'm getting there with practice. I did well in my trials for the 3 subjects I'm sitting HSC for in 2019 but obviously I'm not gonna let that get to my head bc HSC performance is the most important. the peer marking thing u suggested is really effective, at school we mark each other's work and provide feedback/learn how other students are responding to questions which is rlly insightful.

thanks for the advice,, if I need tips for specific subjects (3u...), I'll be sure to ask thank you!!

Constantine

HSC
yeye my teachers have scheduled mock HSC exams every week until the real HSC, so I'm getting a lot of practice and experience with stressful exam conditions. I'm definitely working on my weaknesses in math, particularly 3unit because I'm still flopping in topics like binomials, inequality induction, parametrics and a good thousand more. but I'm getting there with practice. I did well in my trials for the 3 subjects I'm sitting HSC for in 2019 but obviously I'm not gonna let that get to my head bc HSC performance is the most important. the peer marking thing u suggested is really effective, at school we mark each other's work and provide feedback/learn how other students are responding to questions which is rlly insightful.

thanks for the advice,, if I need tips for specific subjects (3u...), I'll be sure to ask thank you!!
Sounds like you have a wonderful teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)