2019s Prelim HSC Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

TeheeCat

HSC
The last term of year 11 is pretty daunting, especially since we're now edging closer to preliminary exams. Been trying to prepare and stay on top of my homework the best I can haha. Other than that, I would say it's just been a normal term really. Though quite scared that we're all entering our final year in high school next term. :jawdrop:

When is everyone's exams? Mine is during week 9-10, didn't get our exam timetable yet though so I have no clue what the order of exams are.

helllo

HSC
heyy everyone, prelims are in 2 weeks and I need study advice ahah.

Ive finished most of my notes (all of them are 50 + pages, rip me) but I just dont know where to start.
Am I supposed to just memorise?? how?? my attention span is terrible, its so boring ahahah

Also, I have the WORST english standard teacher and we practically already know our prelim question, can anyone help??

my subjects are: math standard (ugh), legal studies, business studies, studies of religion, CAFS, english standard

THANK YOU

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Ive finished most of my notes (all of them are 50 + pages, rip me) but I just dont know where to start.
Am I supposed to just memorise?? how?? my attention span is terrible, its so boring ahahah

Also, I have the WORST english standard teacher and we practically already know our prelim question, can anyone help??

my subjects are: math standard (ugh), legal studies, business studies, studies of religion, CAFS, english standard

THANK YOU
Flash cards, mind map, singing or even teaching an inanimate object the content could be a way of studying.

juusee

HSC

THANK YOU
Try doing some past papers if any are available to you, open book is fine if you need to. It's a lot easier memorising things when you actually apply the knowledge and think about it then just reading your notes over and over again. Something else I do is to just get up and pretend I'm making a speech on my subject, which is literally just going through sections of my notes right after reading them.

MONONYMOUS

HSC
Hey,

The early entry requirements for the Uni degree I want to do are 90% in English Standard and 90% in any two other subjects. I'm taking part in a Master Class over a period of time in Summer, so I will be granted a guaranteed Early Entry Interview. The degree requires a 95 ATAR (or 92 + 3 bonus points for being in area). I can safely say that I can get 80% - 85% in English and 90% in 3 other subjects for my Prelims. Since that's for my Prelims, I'm aiming to bump up those percentages to 90%+ (for the 3 other subjects) for my trials, get 80% - 85% for Math Advanced, and maintain an 80% - 85% for English. Do you think that those marks will possibly secure me a spot for Early Entry considering I'm doing a Master Class that's related to the degree, and assuming my interview is a success in terms of communication.

Thank You

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey,

The early entry requirements for the Uni degree I want to do are 90% in English Standard and 90% in any two other subjects. I'm taking part in a Master Class over a period of time in Summer, so I will be granted a guaranteed Early Entry Interview. The degree requires a 95 ATAR (or 92 + 3 bonus points for being in area). I can safely say that I can get 80% - 85% in English and 90% in 3 other subjects for my Prelims. Since that's for my Prelims, I'm aiming to bump up those percentages to 90%+ (for the 3 other subjects) for my trials, get 80% - 85% for Math Advanced, and maintain an 80% - 85% for English. Do you think that those marks will possibly secure me a spot for Early Entry considering I'm doing a Master Class that's related to the degree, and assuming my interview is a success in terms of communication.

Thank You
Which University? Best to ring them.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
What subjects are people planning to take next year? Anyone planning to take up any extensions?

rawsauce

HSC
N/A
brah im in year 11 right now , ill give you some advice , dont really stress about year 11, dont worry if you get bad marks just focus on solidatin gthe content they give you . Other then that have a fun year . Keeping having fun

helllo

HSC
Heyy guys so ive kinda set myself up for failure.

I have one subject which I choose knowing I would automatically drop it at the end for year 11, but now I want to (actually NEED to) drop math as well this. If I were to drop both subjects I would be on 9 units, is there anyway I could pick up another 1 (or 2) unit subject for year 12. im desperate?!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

I have one subject which I choose knowing I would automatically drop it at the end for year 11, but now I want to (actually NEED to) drop math as well this. If I were to drop both subjects I would be on 9 units, is there anyway I could pick up another 1 (or 2) unit subject for year 12. im desperate?!
Which subjects are you doing? Are you doing a science subject? That way science extension may be possible to pick up?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

Alterantivelly you could do one subject (such as SOR at TAFE) which is a consolidated programme consisting of HSC and Prelim courses being taught in a single year.

worldno17

HSC
N/A
What subjects are people planning to take next year? Anyone planning to take up any extensions?
Hopefully extension 2 maths!

Also, kinda unsure if I want to drop to 10 units next year. It seems quite risky but at the same time, there'd be a lot of time freed up for other subjects.

pinkowl

HSC
I f***ing hate Software D&D wish I picked Biology instead.
I also f***ing hate English Advanced (Standard is not offered at my place lol) and I want to kill myself!
omg finally someone who hates advanced english, it is literally killing me im failing so bad and im so confused because i was acing it last year and now i suck and its just like why does my brain have to screw up during the most critical time which basically my whole future relies on man ughhhhggfv.

helllo

HSC
Im doing English standard, math standard, legal, business studies, business services, SOR and CAFS.
So I dont think I can pick up any extension subjects.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Im doing English standard, math standard, legal, business studies, business services, SOR and CAFS.
So I dont think I can pick up any extension subjects.
Look into doing a consolidated subject (HSC+Preliminary) at TAFE if you want to drop something?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I f***ing hate Software D&D wish I picked Biology instead.
I also f***ing hate English Advanced (Standard is not offered at my place lol) and I want to kill myself!
I hated biology when I did it so the grass is always greener and all that.

Abiya05

HSC
Is anyone else dead from these exams
YESSSS. I do all humanities (except for maths) & 3 units of English so my arms are killing me. I wouldn't be surprised if they fell off by the end of this week :((
Kind scares me for how i'm going to manage in year 12 tho. I can just survive the 2 hour prelims without feeling like my wrist is gone, so 3 hour exams per subject is going to be one interesting (and painful) experience.

Anyone else regret taking all humanities (or all science? Take your pick) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)