2020 HSC+ ATAR results discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

tokyocalling

HSC
Also does anyone at school like the principal see our Atar?
Nope, they do get access to raw examination marks i think and maybe the moderated ones too but the atar is purely yours. Many schools like mine actually do a morning tea where they want the students to come back to celebrate everyone's achievements but really they just wanna know our atars smh ahahah.

thatmailman

HSC
What are you guys expecting to be your worst and best subjects?

For me:
Worst - English
Best - Jap beginners

Kyufruit

HSC
What are you guys expecting to be your worst and best subjects?

For me:
Worst - English
Best - Jap beginners
You got to take Japanese??

im so jealous hufthvdryiut 😤

wish you all the best tho, hopefully you do as well as you hoped you would 🙃

Nikolerak

HSC
You don't get your raw marks for free, you have to buy them lol. In all seriousness, I would recommend buying them if you can, because it includes a results check, and I have since realised a bunch of dodgy stuff about how the papers are marked (carelessly). I didn't buy my raw marks because I thought the atar I achieved was already beyond what I had imagined (>98)
So if I buy the raw results 1) how do I work out if something dodgy happened 2) what can I do about it???

thatmailman

HSC
You got to take Japanese??

im so jealous hufthvdryiut 😤

wish you all the best tho, hopefully you do as well as you hoped you would 🙃
Yeah they didn't offer it at my school so I took it through NSW School of Languages! Do they not offer it at your school too?

Thank you for the well wishes! Good luck for your HSC next year too. :)

Nikolerak

HSC
They'll perform a results check for you if you order your raw marks, meaning they check the results (you don't have to do anything).
How long does it take? Would it be done by Wednesday 23rd or later offer rounds? What subjects do you think are more likely to have dodgy stuff happen?
Thanks

Mememeist3r

HSC
I wonder how this year's scaling will look. Hope its better than 2019 😆 .

quickoats

HSC
So if I buy the raw results 1) how do I work out if something dodgy happened 2) what can I do about it???
If nothing dodgy happens then you just wasted your money I guess. However if there were problems with the marking, you get

Remember each section/question is marked multiple times by different teachers and if there’s a marks discrepancy it goes to another one or something like that.

Tbh I would only ask for a results check if it’squite far off what you were expecting but tbh most people don’t really know what to expect.
How long does it take? Would it be done by Wednesday 23rd or later offer rounds? What subjects do you think are more likely to have dodgy stuff happen?
Thanks
I had a friend get it done (and had their marks updated) but I don’t remember how quickly the turnaround was. If you get your mark adjusted and it suddenly puts you clearly above the cutoff id try calling up the uni and seeing what they can do. Sometimes they don’t do second round since the course fills up but if you are in the clear for an offer you should get it.

remember this is NOT a remark just a results check. This is to deal with things like incorrect totals, missing pages etc

jojosiwa123

HSC
guys what are your plans for tonight/tomorrow morning... anyone pulling an all nighter or is that a bad idea lol

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Thanks
Yeah all sorts of rumours like that. Rushed marking, tendency to miss pages, not putting effort etc, because they are paid per paper. I wouldn't be surprised if they were true tbh.
It is actually quite rare for anyone to have any marks changed from a recheck, let alone one that is significant enough to affect the ATAR.

Also remember that a recheck can go both ways. If you were incorrectly awarded more marks than you should have then the marks will be adjusted accordingly.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
guys what are your plans for tonight/tomorrow morning... anyone pulling an all nighter or is that a bad idea lol
I'm gonna wake up before 6am to wait for text message heart attack and I would love to go to bed early but idk if that's gonna happen so maybe I just won't sleep. I def want to see all results as soon as they come out rather than sleep through it.

quickoats

HSC
I remember I stayed up late so I could wake up later than 6 (avoiding the anticipation heart attack) but my body woke itself up at 5:30 and couldn't get back to sleep anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)