2020 HSC+ ATAR results discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Husky

HSC
I’m already terrible at chem, I’m terrified for next years exam. If I dont do that well it’s because of chem I swear
Surely they'll tone the exam down a bit for next year instead of every second question being bands 5-6 like this year.

Husky

HSC
I mean yeah it seemed pretty simple, although I think its difficulty was a little underestimated as top schools and this forum don't necessarily represent the state. The average student still would've struggled with the exam and the cutoff is still probably around 76, unlike the unrealistically high cutoffs suggested by other people on this forum (at the end of the day its ext. 2 and will have low cutoffs). I do however see them making it more difficult for students in the above 90 range where question 15 and 16 will be a lot more difficult than what was in this years exam.

yanujw

HSC
When do online honour rolls (e.g. hscninja) update with lists of student Band 6s? And when can school rankings be determined?

Kyufruit

HSC
How can you be bad at a science? I get being bad and math and English but science just know content and do at questions and your fine?
It is not that simple, if you truly want to do well, and UNDERSTAND what you’re learning (which is my end goal), you need to process and truly take in what you’re learning. I have a hard time processing chemistry, it just doesn’t sink in, I can’t critically think something I can’t even comprehend.

On the other hand, there’s biology. I love it because I UNDERSTAND it, I can process the information, it sinks in and I know what my teacher is talking about. I find so much joy in what I’m learning, I even wrote some stories using the third line of defence and how plants work, it feels like something out of a fantasy.

and I know if I just understood chemistry, id find joy in it too, but I can’t don’t :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)