2020 HSC - Eng. Adv. - Human Experiences (1 Viewer)

Monte Maestro

HSC
Hello there,

What does everyone think is the best text to write about for human experience?

Our selected text is 1984 and it is recommended to choose a related text of different form other than a novel or short story (poem, film, speech, etc.).

Would anyone happen to know of any poems which relate to human experience and are somewhat tied (doesn't have to be identical) to 1984?

Any speeches which explore human experience would be valuable as well, feel free to say anything.

I've heard of a couple of movies, Metropolis, V for Vendetta, The Lobster, etc. which students have had past success in.

If anyone has notes or resources on these films or poems, speeches or essays, they would be very much appreciated.

Good luck to everyone in the HSC for 2020.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Red Gum - I was only 19 (song)

Citizenfour - Movie

We Steal Secrets - Documentary

We are going oodgeroo noonuccal - Poem

Charge of the Light Brigard , Tennyson - Poem

Independence Day - Movie

The Unknown Citizen , W.H. Auden - Poem

Antigonish, William Hughes Mearns - Poem

Speech by Carl Sagan, http://www.inspiretochangeworld.com/2015/08/the-best-speech-on-humanity-carl-sagan/

The great dictator (speech) - Charlie Chaplin

akaalfauj

HSC
There is a tedtalk speech Given by boniface mwangi. It is a good speech which links very well with the human experiences and coincides with thematic elements of 1984. It is also not cliche and an overdone text and is actually an engaging text.
I did 1984 this year and also incorporated this tedtalk for my own speech assessment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)