Late to the party and created an account just to ask a question below:

Marks:
Chemistry - 92
English Advanced - 93
English Extension 1 - 47 (Didn't count)
French Continuers - 95
Mathematics Extension 1 - 95
Mathematics Extension 2 - 93
Studies of Religion 1 - 46 (Didn't count)

ATAR: 99.45

I'm very happy overall, but I can't help but wonder how my Eng Ext didn't get included? Would english extension 1 get included in the mandatory 2 units of english if it was better than English Advanced, but no other subject? I can't believe that a 47 English Ext wouldn't get counted but 2 units of a 93 English Adv would or even a 92 Chem would. Can't complain though.

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Do you guys know what raw mark was required for a band 6 this year for like the typical subjects (4u math, chem, phys and eng (advanced))?

zbolland

HSC
Is it worth purchasing your raw marks/exam? Can they change your marks if they deem them to be inaccurate/incorrect?

quickoats

HSC
Is it worth purchasing your raw marks/exam? Can they change your marks if they deem them to be inaccurate/incorrect?
You get a refund if there is an inaccuracy e.g. they forgot to mark a page/booklet, but there is no such thing as a remark.

4321suomynona

HSC
i'm rioting, my atar (98.85) meets the cut off for UNSW medicine but my UCAT was fucked.
my dumbass needs to sit it again this year and reapply next year :(
how does ur 98.85 meet the requirements for UNSW med? i thought unsw only took people who got a 99.5 + (their previous year's median atar was 99.8 iirc and minimum was like 99.5+,) unless u got one of those E12 things. Also what was ur UCAT percentile if you dont mind me asking?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you guys know what raw mark was required for a band 6 this year for like the typical subjects (4u math, chem, phys and eng (advanced))?
I suggest keeping an eye on upcoming 2021 band 6/E4 data from rawmarks.info regarding Mathematics Extension 2, Chemistry, Physics and English Advanced in addition to other subjects that you (and others reading this) may be interested in.

I will note that data accessible on rawmarks.info reflects Examination Marks only.

specificagent1

HSC
how does ur 98.85 meet the requirements for UNSW med? i thought unsw only took people who got a 99.5 + (their previous year's median atar was 99.8 iirc and minimum was like 99.5+,) unless u got one of those E12 things. Also what was ur UCAT percentile if you dont mind me asking?
UNSW med "cutoff" is 96 but realistically you probs need like 99.5+

Jojofelyx

HSC
i'm rioting, my atar (98.85) meets the cut off for UNSW medicine but my UCAT was fucked.
my dumbass needs to sit it again this year and reapply next year :(
98.85 aint getting you anywhere close to med unless you're rural, sorry to break that to you. Lowest allowed in last year without adjustments was 99.25 (which got bonus points and moved to 99.50 selection rank, the lowest successful offer for local students). Honestly, you'd really be shooting yourself in the foot if you took a gap year, but reading your following posts it seems like youre gonna start a course which is prolly the best case.
I've attached the UAC conversion, youll prolly need to maintain a 6.5+ for 1 year to have a 99.10, which could just scrape it hopefully 🤞🏽. Good luck with the ucat too !!

Attachments

Jojofelyx

HSC
Late to the party and created an account just to ask a question below:

Marks:
Chemistry - 92
English Advanced - 93
English Extension 1 - 47 (Didn't count)
French Continuers - 95
Mathematics Extension 1 - 95
Mathematics Extension 2 - 93
Studies of Religion 1 - 46 (Didn't count)

ATAR: 99.45

I'm very happy overall, but I can't help but wonder how my Eng Ext didn't get included? Would english extension 1 get included in the mandatory 2 units of english if it was better than English Advanced, but no other subject? I can't believe that a 47 English Ext wouldn't get counted but 2 units of a 93 English Adv would or even a 92 Chem would. Can't complain though.
Absolutely silly scaling from chem this year. Although its hard to imagine 47/50 not being counted for 1 unit of english. weird. Must be that extension 1 english students just didnt perform well in their other subs which is what scaling is pegged off, lol, who knows

tbanne

HSC
98.85 aint getting you anywhere close to med unless you're rural, sorry to break that to you. Lowest allowed in last year without adjustments was 99.25 (which got bonus points and moved to 99.50 selection rank, the lowest successful offer for local students). Honestly, you'd really be shooting yourself in the foot if you took a gap year, but reading your following posts it seems like youre gonna start a course which is prolly the best case.
I've attached the UAC conversion, youll prolly need to maintain a 6.5+ for 1 year to have a 99.10, which could just scrape it hopefully 🤞🏽. Good luck with the ucat too !!
Ahhh thanks for the heads up! I’m honestly too chicken to do a gap year and would start a course even if my atar was really high. My Asian parents would kill me if I didn’t start uni.

And I thought I would have a chance since one of my friends got an interview with a lower atar of 98.35 but her UCAT was really good (96th percentile). My UCAT was…disappointing to say the least…barely made 80th percentile. So hoping this year will be better in terms of maintaining a good GPA and getting a decent UCAT 😅😅

tbanne

HSC
I knew people who were invited to attend interviews with atars lower than mine this year but their UCAT scores were insane (min 94-95 percentile). So I figured I may have had a chance if I did better in the UCAT. I totally botched it and (from memory)barely scraped the 80th percentile. But tbh theres no use beating myself up about it.What’s done is done. Just gotta work my ass off this year and hope I can make it in to any med school. Worst case scenario I do the GAMSAT in a few years but who knows if I’ll still want to do med by then. Only time will tell i guess

Jojofelyx

HSC
I knew people who were invited to attend interviews with atars lower than mine this year but their UCAT scores were insane (min 94-95 percentile). So I figured I may have had a chance if I did better in the UCAT. I totally botched it and (from memory)barely scraped the 80th percentile. But tbh theres no use beating myself up about it.What’s done is done. Just gotta work my ass off this year and hope I can make it in to any med school. Worst case scenario I do the GAMSAT in a few years but who knows if I’ll still want to do med by then. Only time will tell i guess
You friends must have gotten EAS bonuses to get them across the 99 hurdle to be invited for an interview. Ill chuck some more numbers at you. There are about 3400 local applications for UNSW, and only 480 get invited for interview (for the 2021 intake at least). Of these 150 will get a place offer (with the median being 99.65). I'd imagine the majority of the 3400 applicants would sit between 97-99.95, so if you take the topish 480.....well you can guess what their atars would have to be.

Greninja340

HSC
You friends must have gotten EAS bonuses to get them across the 99 hurdle to be invited for an interview. Ill chuck some more numbers at you. There are about 3400 local applications for UNSW, and only 480 get invited for interview (for the 2021 intake at least). Of these 150 will get a place offer (with the median being 99.65). I'd imagine the majority of the 3400 applicants would sit between 97-99.95, so if you take the topish 480.....well you can guess what their atars would have to be.
yeh i got UNSW med interview with a 98.75 Atar and a 93rd percentile UCAT, but i had EAS for 2 categories

HSC
what about for UNSW law?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)