2021 ATAR/HSC Marks (1 Viewer)

DarkOperator618

HSC
lads theres still a chance to get into unsw

i got 83.05, my adjusted moves me to 86.05, which overhauls the lsr for engineering last year

i called them and they said that there's 'a higher chance that i receive an offer'

4321suomynona

HSC
I knew people who were invited to attend interviews with atars lower than mine this year but their UCAT scores were insane (min 94-95 percentile). So I figured I may have had a chance if I did better in the UCAT. I totally botched it and (from memory)barely scraped the 80th percentile. But tbh theres no use beating myself up about it.What’s done is done. Just gotta work my ass off this year and hope I can make it in to any med school. Worst case scenario I do the GAMSAT in a few years but who knows if I’ll still want to do med by then. Only time will tell i guess
However, i do think they must have had an EAS with their atar right? Cause ive talked to a current UNSW med student and he said without a 99.5 u basically wont get an interview. And on top of that i thought the minimum ucat u needed for an interview was like 94-95%

4321suomynona

HSC
You friends must have gotten EAS bonuses to get them across the 99 hurdle to be invited for an interview. Ill chuck some more numbers at you. There are about 3400 local applications for UNSW, and only 480 get invited for interview (for the 2021 intake at least). Of these 150 will get a place offer (with the median being 99.65). I'd imagine the majority of the 3400 applicants would sit between 97-99.95, so if you take the topish 480.....well you can guess what their atars would have to be.
What categories are there for EAS bonus.

uniqueusername1

HSC
So apparantly if you want to buy back your papers you have to get a results check. Is there any risk in getting one of you know you know you had no non-attempts? I have an inkling they missed my last answer in the mx1 exam because I wrote it on the last page of the last booklet with the other two pages left blank and I was also positive I got close to full marks raw in that exam.
bruv you sound like the asian woman on sydney morning herald
you got 99.95 wtf would you wanna appeal now

Jojofelyx

HSC
Nah because ngl I was expecting a sr and when I saw 98 I was hella confused. I’m just curious. I was gonna buy back my all my papers anyway
Lmao bruh, we got a nerrrrdddd over herreeeee.

Have you heard of something called the sun? xD

Nah jk love you :p. But fr, if you need financial assistance, ill rally togethr my troops to make sure you can pay the cost of buying back the papers. Praying for that elusive SR ✊🏾

tito981

HSC
So apparantly if you want to buy back your papers you have to get a results check. Is there any risk in getting one if youre certain you had no non-attempts? I have an inkling they missed my last answer in the mx1 exam because I wrote it on the last page of the last booklet with the other two pages left blank and I was also positive I got close to full marks raw in that exam.
i feel like this happend to me for ext 2 cause my pages were a bit scrambled and i was confused when my x2 external was a lot lower than my internal. Would they not recheck in the same way making the result check pointless?

tito981

HSC
Nah because ngl I was expecting a sr and when I saw 98 I was hella confused. I’m just curious. I was gonna buy back my all my papers anyway
also for 10 units of subjects the buy back is like 300 dollars. actual scammers.

notme123

HSC
if the school wants your paper as a staff or teaching resource then they'll buy it for you, for personal use you'll have to buy it yourself (just why)
idrc tbh i dont think the school is willing to buy them for me and if they want it as a resource they can reimburse me later.

sensored12

HSC
idrc tbh i dont think the school is willing to buy them for me and if they want it as a resource they can reimburse me later.
Have any tips for Phys? How did you approach it? Just grind past HSC questions?

notme123

HSC
Have any tips for Phys? How did you approach it? Just grind past HSC questions?
if you want to grind past hsc papers I suggest getting the newest Cambridge checkpoints textbook and the excel textbook both are very valuable. another tip is to stick to your syllabus and don't overdo the content because some textbooks and edrolo go too in-depth in terms of content like the history of the atom and light models. also with this new syllabus, I think memorizing isn't an option anymore so learning every era of the big bang or explaining the operation of an ac motor with great detail is going to be a rare occurrence. just know your fundamentals well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)