2021 ATAR/HSC Marks (1 Viewer)

KB2230

HSC
Thank God for the future leaders scheme at USYD I actually can get into law because of that lol

tbanne

HSC
when u reapply, do they consider your atar or gpa
I THINK they only consider atar if you take a gap year whereas they consider GPA if you reapply once you start a uni course (aka nonstandard entry). I'm thinking about that gap year but idk if my ATAR is as competitive as it can be. Like if I got 99+ then I'd be more comfortable with the idea but at this point I don't wanna take the risk just in case I fail the UCAT again. So i think the plan is just to maintain a HD avg with a high GPA

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
i'm rioting, my atar (98.85) meets the cut off for UNSW medicine but my UCAT was fucked.
my dumbass needs to sit it again this year and reapply next year :(
u got a real good atar so I think a 90+ percentile should get u in, not to mention the interview

tbanne

HSC
u got a real good atar so I think a 90+ percentile should get u in, not to mention the interview
thanks, and i hope so :/ i didnt get anywhere close to a 90 percentile this year. but that's my fault. i messed around and didnt try hard enough in the UCAT cause my ass was not expecting a 95+ atar to even make the cut off. so i sorta just gave up on study. this year i'm really gonna try hard and put all my effort into it. hopefully that'll be enough to get in.

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
thanks, and i hope so :/ i didnt get anywhere close to a 90 percentile this year. but that's my fault. i messed around and didnt try hard enough in the UCAT cause my ass was not expecting a 95+ atar to even make the cut off. so i sorta just gave up on study. this year i'm really gonna try hard and put all my effort into it. hopefully that'll be enough to get in.
i mean if u got a 98.85 atar you are pretty capable of succeeding other tests, as you said, u reached the cut off for medicine which is insane

tbanne

HSC
i mean if u got a 98.85 atar you are pretty capable of succeeding other tests, as you said, u reached the cut off for medicine which is insane
gahhh thanks, i think it's my crippling self doubt that has me second guess myself all the time. but hopefully that'll get better 😅

sprngregon

HSC
bach of applied science (diagnostic radiography) @ usyd is the plan at the moment
I’m going for radiography too! But on UAC it says last year when the atar requirement was 95, the median atar that year was 98.45. But this year, they raised it to 96. So I’m scared that it’s gonna very competitive and potentially having lots of applicants with 99+.

tbanne

HSC
I’m going for radiography too! But on UAC it says last year when the atar requirement was 95, the median atar that year was 98.45. But this year, they raised it to 96. So I’m scared that it’s gonna very competitive and potentially having lots of applicants with 99+.
ahhh, i honestly thought my chances were screwed with that requirement but i was lucky and got a conditional e12 offer. so i think my spot is secured. i can't be sure about everyone else tho. i heard that the atar requirement drops slightly in later atar offer rounds cause some high ranking students drop their offer in favour of other courses so there could be hope!!

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
is anyone going to buy the result check service?
If I were to get one I’ll probably get it for English lmao. I wanna see how they marked my shit and how in gods name did I get over 90 for that 😂

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
I THINK they only consider atar if you take a gap year whereas they consider GPA if you reapply once you start a uni course (aka nonstandard entry). I'm thinking about that gap year but idk if my ATAR is as competitive as it can be. Like if I got 99+ then I'd be more comfortable with the idea but at this point I don't wanna take the risk just in case I fail the UCAT again. So i think the plan is just to maintain a HD avg with a high GPA
It might be worthwhile to seek some advice on this - there are very few places in med for people applying as Uni students whereas the majority of places go to high school students. An ATAR of 98.85 isn’t far off from 99+ and I suspect interviews and UCAT results (for which you would now have more time to prepare) may be given greater weight than ATARs. My eldest (who begins her internship next week) gained a lower ATAR than my friend’s son and she didn’t get any rejections whereas he didn’t get any offers, across all the medical schools. She took a gap year as she was only 16 when she finished her HSC and she spent it volunteering in a nursing home, completed the St John’s advance course, charity work and travelling overseas (all of which are much harder to do, I realise, due to COVID). By the time she was interviewed she had gained maturity and life experiences that stood her in very good stead.

However, wrt your current plan, HD average, though challenging to maintain, should be reasonably competitive for a med place and diagnostic radiography is a potentially viable alternative career - I advised my daughter that emergency depts are open 24 hours and will always need urgent imaging so there’s always work for radiographers as long as they are willing to do evening & night shifts.

Last edited:

Ledepressedrightnow

HSC
It might be worthwhile to seek some advice on this - there are very few places in med for people applying as Uni students whereas the majority of places go to high school students. An ATAR of 98.85 isn’t far off from 99+ and I suspect interviews and UCAT results (for which you would now have more time to prepare) may be given greater weight than ATARs. My eldest (who begins her internship next week) gained a lower ATAR than my friend’s son and she didn’t get any rejections whereas he didn’t get any offers, across all the medical schools. She took a gap year as she was only 16 when she finished her HSC and she spent it volunteering in a nursing home, completed the St John’s advance course, charity work and travelling overseas (all of which are much harder to do, I realise, due to COVID). By the time she was interviewed she had gained maturity and life experiences that stood her in very good stead.

However, wrt your current plan, HD average, though challenging to maintain, should be reasonably competitive for a med place and diagnostic radiography is a potentially viable alternative career - I advised my daughter that emergency depts are open 24 hours and will always need urgent imaging so there’s always work for radiographers as long as they are willing to do evening & night shifts.
HSC at 16 not bad

notme123

HSC
Or selling copies of your resources. I'm interested!
Tbh I barely had. I didn’t even have physics notes I used palm cards from excel hahaha. For eco I had pretty detailed notes but only I can understand what’s happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)