• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2023 HSC chat (3 Viewers)

carrotsss

HSC
i hated the open day at usyd last yr bc it was rainy it jus ruined the mood
yeah the rain was pretty depressing and i got absolutely drenched when i was walking onto campus but i learnt so much! and it also showed me how bad their non-college student accomodation is, theyre like prison cells 💀

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
yeah the rain was pretty depressing and i got absolutely drenched when i was walking onto campus but i learnt so much! and it also showed me how bad their non-college student accomodation is, theyre like prison cells 💀
oh my god it’s THAT bad?? the lectures and the free food was the best part!!

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
it felt so unorganised

carrotsss

HSC
oh my god it’s THAT bad?? the lectures and the free food was the best part!!
im ngl i didnt get into any lectures because the lines were so long 😭

i feel like im looking back with rose tinted glasses it really wasnt that good but it did change my plans which ig is what theyre supposed to do right

synthesisFR

HSC
i hated the open day at usyd last yr bc it was rainy it jus ruined the mood
lol ive never been to an open day ever bc i wasn't bothered so like im dying rn idk what to expect
dont all ur friends split up bc theres gonna be like difference course guides i think? my separation anxiety will kill me
not to mention the fact that i dont even know wth degree i want to do so idk what too even to there

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
im ngl i didnt get into any lectures because the lines were so long 😭

i feel like im looking back with rose tinted glasses it really wasnt that good but it did change my plans which ig is what theyre supposed to do right
the lines for medicine was SUPER long oh my god its surprisinh bc of the amount of ppl wanting to do medicine but the lectures i went to was like alr capacity

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
lol ive never been to an open day ever bc i wasn't bothered so like im dying rn idk what to expect
dont all ur friends split up bc theres gonna be like difference course guides i think? my separation anxiety will kill me
not to mention the fact that i dont even know wth degree i want to do so idk what too even to there
be sure to get there like 20 minutes before otherwise you won't get a seat

carrotsss

HSC
id highly recommend going into the room with all the courses and just talking to people doing any course you're remotely interested in, it helps a ton to hear what people actually doing the course think

nsw..wollongong

HSC
yeah last weekend's was my first was well but it was fine being separated from ppl u came with, honestly everyone's in the sm boat it was chill
ull be alright, just ask as many questions as u want esp with scholarships and accommodation

Interdice

HSC
This might be a rumor but I heard that externals may boost your internals. My tutor said this. Anyone confirm?

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
This might be a rumor but I heard that externals may boost your internals. My tutor said this. Anyone confirm?
essentially, the smaller the cohort is for a particular subject, the more the external hsc exam is actually worth.

its hard to explain but for example if there is 1 person in the cohort, the hsc is 100% overall, and it you have 100 people in the subject cohort then hsc is basically only 50% (especially if you are somewhere in the middle)

if you are near the top or near bottom of subject, then your hsc performance will significantly effect your internal mark also, especially in smaller subjects.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
essentially, the smaller the cohort is for a particular subject, the more the external hsc exam is actually worth.

its hard to explain but for example if there is 1 person in the cohort, the hsc is 100% overall, and it you have 100 people in the subject cohort then hsc is basically only 50% (especially if you are somewhere in the middle)

if you are near the top or near bottom of subject, then your hsc performance will significantly effect your internal mark also, especially in smaller subjects.
hold on what so if all ur classes are small asf then ur stuffed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)