• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2023 HSC chat (2 Viewers)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
hold on what so if all ur classes are small asf then ur stuffed
if you are near the top or rank 1, then your hsc is worth alot more than 50%, cause it plays a big role in determining your assessment marks. same if you are in the bottom.
it doesn't mean you are stuffed if you have small cohort, you just need to do well in hsc

Interdice

HSC
essentially, the smaller the cohort is for a particular subject, the more the external hsc exam is actually worth.

its hard to explain but for example if there is 1 person in the cohort, the hsc is 100% overall, and it you have 100 people in the subject cohort then hsc is basically only 50% (especially if you are somewhere in the middle)

if you are near the top or near bottom of subject, then your hsc performance will significantly effect your internal mark also, especially in smaller subjects.
Facinating. I guess I didn't realize that cohort size made a difference. Too bad all of my cohort sizes are 25+ :(

scaryshark09

HSC
Facinating. I guess I didn't realize that cohort size made a difference. Too bad all of my cohort sizes are 25+ :(
thats not a bad thing if your cohort size is big either. it means you have a safety net then if you are somewhere in the middle. cause you hsc is only essentially 50% (unless you are at top end or bottom end).
the reason for this is that even if you stuff up hsc and your ranked 30/60. you assement mark wont be affected cause there is still 59 other people who will get a decent mark that will go to you at rank 30.

Interdice

HSC
it’s a double edged sword, a bigger cohort offers more safety and a smaller cohort offers more of an impact from ur externals
Lot easier to ace externals than to ace internals.

For Physics we had these bullshit tests that didn't test anything that I kept getting 30 percent on. The trials was much easier.

I have 2 months to prepare. I can easily get a much higher external than internal

scaryshark09

HSC
Lot easier to ace externals than to ace internals.

For Physics we had these bullshit tests that didn't test anything that I kept getting 30 percent on. The trials was much easier.

I have 2 months to prepare. I can easily get a much higher external than internal
sorta true, but be warned, everyone in 2023 year 12 cohort is probs thinking the same thing rn. you can also stuff the hsc and then thats 50% you stuffed which isn't good obviously

Interdice

HSC
Software 9 people
English around 10
Math 11

Really small class sizes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)