• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2023 HSC chat (5 Viewers)

Interdice

HSC
yet hard work and proper focussed study will get you good marks too - yes you can be naturally good at doing tests and working under pressure (I consider myself to not get too stressed during exams) but without the prep I would be doing shitass all day - and I'm a somewhat smart guy

I think you're kinda wrong, although I do see where you're coming from
Intelligence is the ability to learn content fast and effectively. You can make up for low intelligence with hard work. However at a certain point it's gonna be impossible. Hard work and prep can make up for low intelligence, but some high intelligence guy will probably win overall.

So yes theoretically if a dumb person works super duper hard, they can get a smart person's mark, but in practice it's not gonna happen.

If 17 year Einstein was in ur school, would you be able to best him in Physics and Math?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Intelligence is the ability to learn content fast and effectively. You can make up for low intelligence with hard work. However at a certain point it's gonna be impossible. Hard work and prep can make up for low intelligence, but some high intelligence guy will probably win overall.

So yes theoretically if a dumb person works super duper hard, they can get a smart person's mark, but in practice it's not gonna happen.

If 17 year Einstein was in ur school, would you be able to best him in Physics and Math?
SadCeliac would think so

Interdice

HSC

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I have friends who are super smart but realised that unless they put in proper work they can be easily beaten by people who put in proper solid work -- soooo even though natural talent is great, understanding and drilling questions will always help

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
I believe everyone has a different level of natural talent depending on the subject/learning area. Maths and english are completely different skills. A student skilled in English is more likely to have natural talent in creativity, comprehension and emotional intelligence while a student naturally talented in Maths is more likely to have natural proficiency in problem solving, pattern recognition, artihmetic etc. stuff on the more logical side.
Either way I think hard work is far more valuable than natural talent, but a certain amount of natural talent is needed to support one's hard work.
best quote i ever heard (not sure where from) was that results = talent + hard work. So even if you don't have one, you can make up for it to an extent with the other, however the 99.95s will have both and they're just built diff

nsw..wollongong

HSC
best quote i ever heard (not sure where from) was that results = talent + hard work. So even if you don't have one, you can make up for it to an extent with the other, however the 99.95s will have both and they're just built diff
saying that as if he won't get 99.95

Interdice

HSC
no ppl like u make me want to never leave my house
My god. I don't go sexually harrasing my peers. I don't even talk to gilrs. This entire term I only conversed with 5 girls. 1 of them I casually asked about her math class because her dude friends were busy. Two were those hot gilrs who were interviewing me. 1 was that asian chick who i want to fuck who askd if I wanted her to zip my bag. And the other is an eastern europeon who's too white for me so I ignored.

Did I make them uncomfortable? No because all 5 started the conversations with me.

Even at my english tutroing which is filled 50 percent with smoking hot asians. I don't interact or talk to any of them. I don't even look at them. I'm seated next to this smoking hot asian girl and I don't even know what she look like.

Now tell me what part of this si disgusiting?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
My god. I don't go sexually harrasing my peers. I don't even talk to gilrs. This entire term I only conversed with 5 girls. 1 of them I casually asked about her math class because her dude friends were busy. Two were those hot gilrs who were interviewing me. 1 was that asian chick who i want to fuck who askd if I wanted her to zip my bag. And the other is an eastern europeon who's too white for me so I ignored.

Did I make them uncomfortable? No because all 5 started the conversations with me.

Even at my english tutroing which is filled 50 percent with smoking hot asians. I don't interact or talk to any of them. I don't even look at them. I'm seated next to this smoking hot asian girl and I don't even know what she look like.

okay.....
1) who asked for that detail of what you're thinking about.... ew
2) we get it - you don't talk to girls - but treat everyone with respect (almost like they're people), jeez
3) maybe you don't talk to girls because you see them as that "aisan chick who I want to bang" and "hot girls interviewing me", just treat everyone like you would a regular friend and you'll be fine

i honestly can't tell if im trying to give you advice here or reprimand you - but just stop posting that kinda stuff out here, maybe try sticking to hsc stress like usual....

vvert2023

HSC

bro what the incel did i just read 💀

tf did u get onto sexual harassment lmao

Interdice

HSC
bro what the incel did i just read 💀

tf did u get onto sexual harassment lmao
Okay I don't want to get into it right now, but this user is mad at me because I made a comments on what I thought of my classmates.

Clearly his intelligence is too low to understand thoughts and fantaisies vs actions

Interdice

HSC
okay.....
1) who asked for that detail of what you're thinking about.... ew
2) we get it - you don't talk to girls - but treat everyone with respect (almost like they're people), jeez
3) maybe you don't talk to girls because you see them as that "aisan chick who I want to bang" and "hot girls interviewing me", just treat everyone like you would a regular friend and you'll be fine

i honestly can't tell if im trying to give you advice here or reprimand you - but just stop posting that kinda stuff out here, maybe try sticking to hsc stress like usual....
He started it. I just wanted people's opinions.

ANd I don't care that I have no realationships with teh girls in my class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)