• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2023 HSC chat (5 Viewers)

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Bruh I'miterally so drunk Rn but guys all of us are gonna smash hsc and you know what I'm proud of each and every one of you. All of you are dedicated to your atar and that I'd grest to see. Every on e on here will achieve their goals even if they get drunk one night. I love you all bored od studies!!!!!

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Bruh I'miterally so drunk Rn but guys all of us are gonna smash hsc and you know what I'm proud of each and every one of you. All of you are dedicated to your atar and that I'd grest to see. Every on e on here will achieve their goals even if they get drunk one night. I love you all bored od studies!!!!!
bro's gonna wake up and have no clue when he wrote that :D

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I'm moody so I'm gonna be harsh with my feedback
do better gluten.
pls don't do that, that is cringe
also since it's an evaluate question i'd say use evaluative language for the funsies like Eliot effectively [blah], etc.
GUYS can I get some feedback on this intro pleaseee:

‘In comparing T. S. Eliot's early poetry to his later work, differences appear in terms of his style and approach to the subject matter.’

Evaluate this statement in light of your study of Eliot’s poetry.

In your response, make close reference to TWO poems from the prescribed text.

Examining the thematic transformation of Eliot’s poetry allows for valuable insights on the decaying Modernist world and its shift in spirituality, revealing that as man declines spiritual connection, he becomes trapped in a purgatorial lack of purpose. Thus, Eliot’s poetry certainly contains differences in poetic style and approach to the subject matter when comparing his works over time, as seen in Eliot’s contrasting poems, “The Hollow Men” and “Journey of the Magi”, which communicate starkly different messages on spirituality and human progression. “The Hollow Men”, which reflects Eliot’s post-WW1 depression and lack of hope in the potential for the industrial revolution to do good for modern man, depicts a world void of spirituality and connection, suggesting that man is trapped within a hopeless reality. On the other hand, “Journey of the Magi” demonstrates how by finding spirituality, the individual is able to transcend the physical constraints of the modern world to find a better purpose. Evidently, by framing different opinions throughout his changing poetic repertoire, Eliot’s poetic style allows him to develop his fundamental beliefs over time, posing deep existential questions to his audience.

kittykat55xoxo

HSC
Hey can someone mark some of my english standard responses please? In need of desperate help and have a lot of improving to do!! please reply to this if you're available.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
GUYS can I get some feedback on this intro pleaseee:

‘In comparing T. S. Eliot's early poetry to his later work, differences appear in terms of his style and approach to the subject matter.’

Evaluate this statement in light of your study of Eliot’s poetry.

In your response, make close reference to TWO poems from the prescribed text.

Examining the thematic transformation of Eliot’s poetry allows for valuable insights on the decaying Modernist world and its shift in spirituality, revealing that as man declines spiritual connection, he becomes trapped in a purgatorial lack of purpose. Thus, Eliot’s poetry certainly contains differences in poetic style and approach to the subject matter when comparing his works over time, as seen in Eliot’s contrasting poems, “The Hollow Men” and “Journey of the Magi”, which communicate starkly different messages on spirituality and human progression. “The Hollow Men”, which reflects Eliot’s post-WW1 depression and lack of hope in the potential for the industrial revolution to do good for modern man, depicts a world void of spirituality and connection, suggesting that man is trapped within a hopeless reality. On the other hand, “Journey of the Magi” demonstrates how by finding spirituality, the individual is able to transcend the physical constraints of the modern world to find a better purpose. Evidently, by framing different opinions throughout his changing poetic repertoire, Eliot’s poetic style allows him to develop his fundamental beliefs over time, posing deep existential questions to his audience.
better thesis wtf happened with that other man that wasn't even u
"revealing that as man declines spiritual connection, he becomes trapped in a purgatorial lack of purpose" shorten this, it seems like a mere summary of his poems. u haven't talked abt his early works vs his late works (personal voice -- reflection of eliot's spiritual journey is followed through his textual identity or sum)

"Thus, Eliot’s poetry certainly contains differences in poetic style and approach to the subject matter when comparing his works over time, as seen in Eliot’s contrasting poems, “The Hollow Men” and “Journey of the Magi”, " umm uve simply repeated the question here. what is the subject matter? define it.

" industrial revolution" its the 2nd revolution, be specific.

"o do good for modern man" like what...?? what did Modernism promise society that made it so enticing and disillusioned individuals?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
better thesis wtf happened with that other man that wasn't even u
"revealing that as man declines spiritual connection, he becomes trapped in a purgatorial lack of purpose" shorten this, it seems like a mere summary of his poems. u haven't talked abt his early works vs his late works (personal voice -- reflection of eliot's spiritual journey is followed through his textual identity or sum)

"Thus, Eliot’s poetry certainly contains differences in poetic style and approach to the subject matter when comparing his works over time, as seen in Eliot’s contrasting poems, “The Hollow Men” and “Journey of the Magi”, " umm uve simply repeated the question here. what is the subject matter? define it.

" industrial revolution" its the 2nd revolution, be specific.

"o do good for modern man" like what...?? what did Modernism promise society that made it so enticing and disillusioned individuals?
thank youuu xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)