2024 HSC Chat (4 Viewers)

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Howdy All! 👋🏻

Considering there's just over a week until Term 4 begins, I thought it'd be nice to get all the 2024'ers together, just to see how everyone's holding up before Year 12 content is engraved into our brains! I also find it somewhat funny that a 2024 HSC Chat hasn't been made, yet a 2025 HSC Chat has.

I know that the 2023'ers are yet to do their HSC and we technically aren't Year 12s until they finish, but from what I've heard, most schools are starting Year 12 content from Day 1 rather than waiting till Week 5.

So, in saying that, here's an early toast to the 2024'ers!!!

Feel free to say whatever's on your mind!

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Howdy All! 👋🏻

Considering there's just over a week until Term 4 begins, I thought it'd be nice to get all the 2024'ers together, just to see how everyone's holding up before Year 12 content is engraved into our brains! I also find it somewhat funny that a 2024 HSC Chat hasn't been made, yet a 2025 HSC Chat has.

I know that the 2023'ers are yet to do their HSC and we technically aren't Year 12s until they finish, but from what I've heard, most schools are starting Year 12 content from Day 1 rather than waiting till Week 5.

So, in saying that, here's an early toast to the 2024'ers!!!

Feel free to say whatever's on your mind!
Just some advice from us 2023'ers:

1. Don't stress over any bad marks at the beginning, use it as a learning opportunity. Getting a bad mark in term 1 is not the end of the world. Use the bad mark to give you motivation to work harder, and do even better overall. And trust me, everyone gets at least some bad marks in year 12 (even 99.5+ atar people).
2. Don't underestimate the importance of healthy relationships and working together as a cohort.
3. Enjoy the year, it's meant to be fun!

Good luck!

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
studying hard or hardly studying?
On my side, a mix of both. Attempting to "study hard" to stay on top of content so I don't drown in it later down the track. I didn't learn much from my teachers, everything was mainly self taught throughout Year 11 so studying ahead will let me highlight weak areas before it's too late. 🤧💀

jack_muller

HSC
Just some advice from us 2023'ers:

1. Don't stress over any bad marks at the beginning, use it as a learning opportunity. Getting a bad mark in term 1 is not the end of the world. Use the bad mark to give you motivation to work harder, and do even better overall. And trust me, everyone gets at least some bad marks in year 12 (even 99.5+ atar people).
2. Don't underestimate the importance of healthy relationships and working together as a cohort.
3. Enjoy the year, it's meant to be fun!

Good luck!
thanks very much for the advice! I'm sitting the math ext 1 hsc this year and i can vouch for the fact that you are guaranteed not to get the mark you want every time... : )

HSC
N/A
On my side, a mix of both. Attempting to "study hard" to stay on top of content so I don't drown in it later down the track. I didn't learn much from my teachers, everything was mainly self taught throughout Year 11 so studying ahead will let me highlight weak areas before it's too late. 🤧💀
This is so true wtf

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
thanks very much for the advice! I'm sitting the math ext 1 hsc this year and i can vouch for the fact that you are guaranteed not to get the mark you want every time... : )
bro im am the definition of that lol (accelerated too omg omg)
i got a 49% in an internal at2 and ended up getting band 6 anyways <3

jack_muller

HSC
bro im am the definition of that lol (accelerated too omg omg)
i got a 49% in an internal at2 and ended up getting band 6 anyways <3
Thats soooo impressive!
I just missed out on band 6 :( 87% after trials mx1...
also ur doing the same subjects as me lol but swap bio with phys

jack_muller

HSC
lol wait you havent done hsc external yet - how do you know you havent got b6
oh thats a good point! I just have to clutch this external hsc up - I'm practicing binomial distribution rn - also normanhurst 2023 trial is soooo hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)