2024 HSC Chat (5 Viewers)

jack_muller

HSC
ty very much! my raw mark is definitely enough for a band e4!!!!!!!

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
I know that the 2023'ers are yet to do their HSC and we technically aren't Year 12s until they finish, but from what I've heard, most schools are starting Year 12 content from Day 1 rather than waiting till Week 5.
oh fr? i thought everyone started year 12 content from day 1 lmao

Cathode_RT

HSC
Just some advice from us 2023'ers:

1. Don't stress over any bad marks at the beginning, use it as a learning opportunity. Getting a bad mark in term 1 is not the end of the world. Use the bad mark to give you motivation to work harder, and do even better overall. And trust me, everyone gets at least some bad marks in year 12 (even 99.5+ atar people).
2. Don't underestimate the importance of healthy relationships and working together as a cohort.
3. Enjoy the year, it's meant to be fun!

Good luck!
I disagree with the first point

Getting a really high mark really early on while everyone is slacking off post prelims is a great way to get an early rank lead on everyone else. Most T1 Year 12 content is pretty easy anyway, so take advantage of it

This is crucial in lower ranked schools, where rank can make or break your chances of getting band 6, so remember, dont slack off, get grinding on those first assignments right off the bat, so you have less pressure next year when the rest of your cohort gets into the HSC grind for those top ranks
Happy studying lmao

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
I disagree with the first point

Getting a really high mark really early on while everyone is slacking off post prelims is a great way to get an early rank lead on everyone else. Most T1 Year 12 content is pretty easy anyway, so take advantage of it

This is crucial in lower ranked schools, where rank can make or break your chances of getting band 6, so remember, dont slack off, get grinding on those first assignments right off the bat, so you have less pressure next year when the rest of your cohort gets into the HSC grind for those top ranks
Happy studying lmao
Yes, I definitely agree that trying hard is important, but many people have high expectations going into year 12, and these aren't always met. So what I am saying is that don't let bad marks bring you down, instead use them as a learning opportunity.

Having said that, pace yourself throughout the year as consistency is key. Ultimately the most important exams are trials and especially HSC, so make sure you are at your prime for them.

scaryshark09

HSC
wait are you guys talking about your actual raw mark average or your adjusted mark based on previous data - how tf is @synthesisFR getting 97 overall 😭 that's sr level

my internal average is like mid 80s 😭
yes we are talking raw. i think synthesis has easy exams or something cause im at his level. (or maybe he just clutched up internals idk)
my exams are easier than the hsc i would say tho. not super easy but yeah

i am 93% and estimated hsc mark of 96 i think based on my rank

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
yes we are talking raw. i think synthesis has easy exams or something cause im at his level. (or maybe he just clutched up internals idk)
my exams are easier than the hsc i would say tho. not super easy but yeah

i am 93% and estimated hsc mark of 96 i think based on my rank
is estimated hsc mark based on the adjusted marks or what 💀 or is it pure rank x internal mark

because my school doesn't give ranks although I can estimate maybe top 5-10 out of 30ish

scaryshark09

HSC
is estimated hsc mark based on the adjusted marks or what 💀 or is it pure rank x internal mark

because my school doesn't give ranks although I can estimate maybe top 5-10 out of 30ish
synthsis and i are talking about ext 1 btw not ext 2

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
my ext 1 internal avg is 98% (and ext 2 would be somewhere around 95) it’s not that crazy, just means easy internals
no carrots just admit ur gonna sr. (u better bruh dont let this one guy in my ngo class state rank id rather u have that title)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)