2024 HSC Chat (11 Viewers)

aqwerty13402

HSC
I lowk wanna work at a bookstore so bad but I never see job openings πŸ”₯
thats so niche but i like that idea a lot. tbh go into the stores and ask the manager if they are hiring. Take ur resume with you. Even if they say know, you can hand it to them and say that you are always available

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Hey guys, what is the essay structure for different English Advanced modules (i.e. Common, A, B)?

My teacher gave a brief structure of:
Introduction - Thesis, Elaborating Sentences
Body Paragraphs - Concept Statement, [Quote, Analysis, Theme(s), Audience Positioning, Context] - Repeat x3, Link
Conclusion - Link Back

However, I feel that this is not applicable for all modules.

What content is required for each module-specific essay?

HSC
Hey guys, what is the essay structure for different English Advanced modules (i.e. Common, A, B)?

Body Paragraphs - Concept Statement, [Quote, Analysis, Theme(s), Audience Positioning, Context] - Repeat x3, Link
Conclusion - Link Back

common mod and mod b are similar in the sense they have similar structures (i.e the one that your teacher gave)
however mod a is a comparative one so it differs by quite a bit. we haven't started mod a but according to my cousin who is older then me, you do 2 quotes for the first/older text and then 2 quotes from the second/later text (you still need the peel structure).

aqwerty13402

HSC

Conclusion - Link Back

The English teachers at my school (both who mark the HSC) don't let us use structural templates like that because its too limiting. We just weave everythign together. SO far we've only done common mod and mod A tho so idk abt the rest

HSC
The English teachers at my school (both who mark the HSC) don't let us use structural templates like that because its too limiting. We just weave everythign together. SO far we've only done common mod and mod A tho so idk abt the rest
I do agree that maybe don't follow a complete structure i.e (peel) but you should still need to know the general flow of your argument

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 5)