• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (12 Viewers)

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
it should have it would've been so much for meaningful and i could write about it in my essay

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
"In all the wind-funnelled anarchy of burning bush, the tidal wave of flame and smoke, Luke had been fearful, yes, but not unnerved. But looking around him now at the charred ground, the blasted earth, the logs leaking smoke, he is gutted. It’s as if not just the land has been singed but his body with it. He stumbles, weeping, through the powdery ash, climbing over the still-warm charcoal of the fallen trunks, and he is back in the delivery room, two years ago, when Anna had given birth to the boy; his tiny, curled-up body with its grey translucent skin, his dark, wine-red lips, the pinkish white of his eyelids, closed to them for all time. This child of their loins, only seven and a half months old, dead in the womb; their dearest boy whose heartbeat had one day stopped, lapsed into silence, with his parents unawares, thinking that all was well, that nature was taking its course and that their lives were going along just fine. In those bleak hours after they had cleaned the sticky blood from Anna’s body and wheeled her into a pale blue hospital room, the hospital counsellor asked them if they wanted to give their child a name, and they nodded, blankly, and said yes, it would be a good idea. But in the numbness of their grief, no name presented itself and thereafter they had come to think of him as ‘the boy’. It seemed so much more intimate than any given name. And now all this grey ash, bringing it all back to him, that other day, the day he thought he had put out of his mind once and for all, a day on the harbour, just the two of them and the skipper of the hired boat, and the boy’s ashes in a tiny ceramic vial, and Anna collapsing onto the deck and he, alone, stepping to the edge of the boat and sprinkling the ashes over the white-tipped waves. It was a cold day, and he had worn the navy ribbed sweater, the one that at the height of the fire he had discarded on the bed, because he could not bear the thought that it might come to any harm, and because it reminded him too much of other damage. But the ember had landed there, and the sweater had burnt anyway, and in its thick smouldering resistance it had most likely saved the house."
what a shit fest

he1nl

HSC
omg that's so sweet thank you, yours sound ok like a lot of my friends liked 1984
i loved 1984 actually, it was pretty good and an enjoyable read, although i have poor memory and have forgot half of the lore already

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
i loved 1984 actually, it was pretty good and an enjoyable read, although i have poor memory and have forgot half of the lore already
it has soooooooooo much context like I'm happy with my text being set in 2009 syd and it's nice and boring

he1nl

HSC
it has soooooooooo much context like I'm happy with my text being set in 2009 syd and it's nice and boring
wait soo much context for 1984 or your text? your text seems interesting with a dead baby or something

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
wait soo much context for 1984 or your text? your text seems interesting with a dead baby or something
context for 1984 and no it's not interesting it's about this basic ass couple that moves to the countryside and nearly dies in a fire because they're idiots

he1nl

HSC
context for 1984 and no it's not interesting it's about this basic ass couple that moves to the countryside and nearly dies in a fire because they're idiots
oh damn.... whats the human eperience in that

he1nl

HSC
also guys my final reports for 11th grade just dropped with all of my final ranks LOL i did so poorly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)