• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (2 Viewers)

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
do any of y'all know how to write a linking sentence for an integrated english paragraph? my teacher doesn't let us restate the concept statement but at the same time, won't tell us how to write a linking sentence ;-;

^ kinda urgent

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
do any of y'all know how to write a linking sentence for an integrated english paragraph? my teacher doesn't let us restate the concept statement but at the same time, won't tell us how to write a linking sentence ;-;

^ kinda urgent
Two options: either talk about the texts generally, or just use it as a way to incorporate the final text you mention in your para as a way of linking the whole thing. These were my linking sentences for my Machiavelli, Fog of War, Things Fall Apart essay. Notice in the first I just talk about all three texts but the second and third are just about Fog of War, as sort of the climax of the paragraph.
  1. Thus, all three texts present the Western power struggle as one built on expediency and deceit instead of a moral framework.
  2. Henceforth, the public of McNamara’s time were not deceived by his ‘virtu’ like the one of Machiavelli’s. McNamara’s ‘virtu’ only contributed to his demise, proving an argument against the justification of ‘The Prince’ within a 21st century context.
  3. Though, McNamara’s high modality assertion “They were fighting for their independence” interferes with the audience’s perception of the domino theory, provoking them with an enhanced understanding of the error of simplification and abstraction, and demonstrating how all texts compete on the role of language choice to circulate a novel’s message.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC

^ kinda urgent
just dont repeat what you said in the topic sentence. summarise it, but make it sound sophisticated and say it in a different way. often you make this up on the spot during an exam anyway

harperissleepy

HSC
I think I would rather individually pluck out all my eyelashes than read vertigo in my free time it makes me want to violently convulse

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Does anyone else prefer studying at night than during the day? I literally procrastinate the day away but when it comes to night time I literally have like a switch that flicks on and I wanna study 😭 is it just me?
Yeah but I need a 1 hour warm up to do english work it's such a nerf

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
1 hour warm up? what do you do, analyse your own human experiences 😭
No like I can't write anything good until I've been sitting in front of my laptop for ages thinking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)