• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (8 Viewers)

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
i do the best in short answer, beats my other modules by a wide margin. i got 20/20. look at the hsc sample answers for marking short answer, try examine how they do it. dont waste ur time looking for complex english techniques and analysisng them. just look for the easier and more common english techniques such as 'tone' 'metaphor' 'dialouge', and just use multiple of them. its better to use multiple low skill techniques rather than just one. dont waste time using the full quote, you can get away with just using words.
damn I got 16/20 in short answers. in most of my answers the analysis was good, but they were just straight out wrong cause I read the texts in 2 seconds due to time crunch

spacecats

HSC
is the hsc raw marks database website real? some of the scaling is so high for math adv and eco. an 85 raw mark in eco got scaled to a 91 and a 81 raw for math adv got scaled to a 91.

spiderfan44

HSC
is the hsc raw marks database website real? some of the scaling is so high for math adv and eco. an 85 raw mark in eco got scaled to a 91 and a 81 raw for math adv got scaled to a 91.
no ACIC made it to trick cheaters who are bleeding nesa dry by trying to bypass paying $30 for their raw mark

spiderfan44

HSC
it feels so weird when after i take a shower my bodies all dry but the kinesio tape on my knee is still wet

vajayjay

HSC
fr? what exactly do they take marks off for?
biggest thing ive seen (as a student) is that people don't link their analysis to their purpose correctly.

So saying that the repitition of "and every" shows that desire is a complex human motivation within the human expeirence. But how? How tf does repitition correlate. You could've put any quote there and it would make no difference. You need to deeply link the anlysis to purpose. I.e. The continual repitition of "and every" shows that desire is a continually inescapable part of the human experience.

At least with the 2nd one (although still a bit weak), you're correlating the technique DIRECTLY to your argument.

spacecats

HSC
wait i have a few questions cos my teachers wont explain it to me😭

1. in the uac calculator do i input my raw or scaled marks
2. has anyone used @carrotsss atar prediction and was it similar to their atar? or is uac more accurate
3. whats the difference betweeen scaled and alligned marks? it was on @carrotsss atar prediction calc

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
2. has anyone used @carrotsss atar prediction and was it similar to their atar? or is uac more accurate
3. whats the difference betweeen scaled and alligned marks? it was on @carrotsss atar prediction calc
1. input scaled mark
2. if u have your scaled marks then uac is more accurate. carrotsss's one is first to convert raw marks to scaled marks, and then to do the atar calculation with the scaled mark predictions.
3. raw mark is the mark u got in the test. scaled mark is your adjusted mark after the scaling process

spiderfan44

HSC
wait i have a few questions cos my teachers wont explain it to me😭

1. u input aligned marks
2. idk
3. alignment is done by nesa for ur hsc mark, u dont actually get ur raw hsc mark unless you pay for it. scaling is done by the uac to calculate atar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)