• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (140 Viewers)

g_s126

HSC
I'm prepared for narrative and discursive but I hope we get a choice, my discursive is on politics that shit don't adapt to non
my discursive is on fashion... it is so hard to adapt to questions but lets hope the mod C question is vague

thelittlepotatofrog

HSC
Anyone got some actually good discursive ideas they can send or just say on here, pls would be very much appreciated. just in case you know (hope we can chose)
anything about the passing of time, memories, a place that you have been to that you resonate with/ have strong emotions that you associate it t=with

g_s126

HSC
Anyone got some actually good discursive ideas they can send or just say on here, pls would be very much appreciated. just in case you know (hope we can chose)
really easy ones are literature, climate change, trying new ideas etc. for my literature one i talk about the universality of literature but write about something simple and one that you can put examples in. I did one on fashion and it was really easy for me to put in examples and anecdotes

hscccc

HSC
I dont get how u can use literary techniques in a discursive, cause isn't it mean to be more formal
they still want them - an extended motif or metaphor is good, imagery and descriptions are also good. you still want to have similes and metaphors, rhetorical qs etc. play with syntax and sentence structure. at the end of the day its the CRAFT of writing so theyre rewarding how youre crafting your piece

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 80, Guests: 60)