• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (49 Viewers)

spacecats

HSC
Does anyone do Plath and Hughes for Mod A? Do you think they will specify certain poems to do without giving us the extract?

Solarised

HSC
Look I think NESA knows that if they prevent people from doing an imaginative all they are doing is killing people. The worst you could get is a question which obviously favours a discursive. But again, those three witches up in their big tower always have something cooking. Just look what they did to the 2021 kids. They made them sit the bloody exam during lockdown! unprecedented!
I'll rather have the choice to do any essay even if there is a disease about rather than have to do smth I have not prepared

aIlisonnnn

HSC
wait guys im memorising my imaginative its about a guy rediscovering his interest in writing books and then he gets worried that hes not gonna succeed then gets a writers block for a while, and then in the end he starts to be able to think of story ideas and publishes a book cause he has motivation again. do you guys think that would be enough for mod c tomorrow or nah!!! i mean i could adapt........ (somehow. i'll find a way)

susmaster24

HSC
well technically they can do anything but they wont ask things so niche
They have asked for a 'reflective' piece before hand. But all that is is a personal essay or a discursive piece that reflects on past events and itself. Soooo literally just a personal essay, as you cannot write a discursive or personal essay about something that has not happened yet. And you cannot write about something that has happened in the past without being 'reflective', so it is a bit redundant.

lyingsalsa

HSC
wait guys im memorising my imaginative its about a guy rediscovering his interest in writing books and then he gets worried that hes not gonna succeed then gets a writers block for a while, and then in the end he starts to be able to think of story ideas and publishes a book cause he has motivation again. do you guys think that would be enough for mod c tomorrow or nah!!! i mean i could adapt........ (somehow. i'll find a way)
may as well be prepared for the question that is speculated even if there is a low chance of happening

susmaster24

HSC
Good idea, very metafictive, but really tease out the struggle of writing. You probably dont have to conclude with him publishing or anything. Find a motif that you find interesting–or else use the stimulus as a motif (who knows that it will be) that talks about writing. Have you read column mccans "what time is it?" or else Nam Le's "love and honour" (that one is a bit too long)

aIlisonnnn

HSC
Good idea, very metafictive, but really tease out the struggle of writing. You probably dont have to conclude with him publishing or anything. Find a motif that you find interesting–or else use the stimulus as a motif (who knows that it will be) that talks about writing. Have you read column mccans "what time is it?" or else Nam Le's "love and honour" (that one is a bit too long)
nope im doing std so idk these texts. but ty for the advice!!!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 28, Guests: 21)