• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (94 Viewers)

ringading

HSC
people who are doing ts eliot for adv eng HELP

is it a stretch if i only memorise 2 poems cause I'm actually screwed. I don't know it well my teacher skimmed it so fast

P Ditty

HSC

is it a stretch if i only memorise 2 poems cause I'm actually screwed. I don't know it well my teacher skimmed it so fast
Youre cooked dude. Just start praying. only god can help you now (jokes youll be right with two)

twinkiecat

HSC

i only know 2 but i know 2 quotes from the other three in case we need to use them i at least have something :angel:

rosieohposie

HSC
does anyone else just only remember quotes/techs and then adapt the analysis in the exam, i see everyone memorising entire essays idk how yall do it o_O
dw you're not alone, i just have like rough paragraph ideas (like organised themes) and quotes for each theme/idea and i make it work 🙏 i am far too lazy to be memorising multiple essays

ringading

HSC
Youre cooked dude. Just start praying. only god can help you now (jokes youll be right with two)
you got me in the first half. actually scared me.

i hope so. lwk I'm thinking imma just know some other quotes so i can just integrate them in my other paras.

P Ditty

HSC
you got me in the first half. actually scared me.

i hope so. lwk I'm thinking imma just know some other quotes so i can just integrate them in my other paras.
Look if your time constrained, do two but preferably its best you do 3 in case they prescribe a text bc now you know majority of his 5 poems

radagastthebrown

HSC

Yeah, I got 19/20 for an essay and only spoke on two poems. Although I did do it untimed.
I just spoke on two themes, for instance I did Alienation/Disconnection and Urban/Moral Decay
Intro
1. Alienation/Disconnection in Prufrock
2. Alienation/Disconnection in Preludes
3. Urban Decay in Prufrock (this was my weakest paragraph because I struggled to find much urban decay in prufrock)
4. Urban Decay in Preludes
Concl.

twinkiecat

HSC
Yeah, I got 19/20 for an essay and only spoke on two poems. Although I did do it untimed.
I just spoke on two themes, for instance I did Alienation/Disconnection and Urban/Moral Decay
Intro
1. Alienation/Disconnection in Prufrock
2. Alienation/Disconnection in Preludes
3. Urban Decay in Prufrock (this was my weakest paragraph because I struggled to find much urban decay in prufrock)
4. Urban Decay in Preludes
Concl.
did you have critic quot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 74, Guests: 20)