2024 HSC Chat (1 Viewer)

lolcti

HSC
N/A
wait can't u like practise for extra hearts? that's what I do cos this morning I got kicked out of the top 7 leader board and I've been on the grind to climb back up 😭
I didn’t knowwwww

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
(you can see the mania & hysteria brought on from depriving myself of social contact & sleep below)

HEY BAES NEW TUTORING DEBATE POSTED BY SMH RAHHH 🦅 I'M TOO BROKE TO PAY FOR THIS SHIT DISABLE JAVASCRIPT TO READ IT
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...udents-and-undermine-hsc-20231227-p5etx3.html
I DON'T SEE WHY THEY ONLY TARGET TUTORING AND NOT LIKE PRIV SCHOOLS
OMG DR DU MENTIONED RAHHH 🦅 WTF IS A KIDNEY ??
WONDER IF THERE'S GOING TO BE WHITE KIDS THAT AREN'T FROM SELECTIVES AT DU/ZHANGS ETC. NOW??

"But in competitive environments, like selective schools, it drives that pressure for the highest-performing students to be coached." this is true tho like in '22 & '23 there were a few ppl who joined du even tho they were rly high ranking bcz other ppl were at du

OMG I FOUND A GRAMMAR MISTAKE "for least three hours." I THINK I SHOULD'VE DONE ENG EXT !!
Journalists just don't understand how education & training works.

It should ideally not matter who the students are, the key should be that the most capable and the most available are pushed as far into the most complicated and society changing professions and trades as is possible.

If more capable and available students become doctors/engineers/nurses/teachers because they were pushed to a slightly higher level of competence by a skilled tutor or trainers, the entire society benefits as there are now more doctors/engineers/nurses/teachers, the work of whom builds much of the bedrock of societal living standards.

While it would be nice if the entire society was completely egalitarian and purely merit based (which is likely never entirely possible), it's always better to have younger generations more educated and skilled than their predecessors, especially people in the society changing professions, many of whom are more able to achieve such due to the assistance in part from skilled tutors and trainers.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Journalists just don't understand how education & training works.

It should ideally not matter who the students are, the key should be that the most capable and the most available are pushed as far into the most complicated and society changing professions and trades as is possible.

If more capable and available students become doctors/engineers/nurses/teachers because they were pushed to a slightly higher level of competence by a skilled tutor or trainers, the entire society benefits as there are now more doctors/engineers/nurses/teachers, the work of whom builds much of the bedrock of societal living standards.

While it would be nice if the entire society was completely egalitarian and purely merit based (which is likely never entirely possible), it's always better to have younger generations more educated and skilled than their predecessors, especially people in the society changing professions, many of whom are more able to achieve such due to the assistance in part from skilled tutors and trainers.
I agree how do u expect a successful nation when u can do teaching with 60 atar

teaching should be moved up to 95 req and all ass teacher should be kicked out immediately

and there should be a Tate (teaching aptitude test e)

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad

teaching should be moved up to 95 req and all ass teacher should be kicked out immediately

95 is an unnecessarily high cutoff, but 60 is definitely too low.

75-80+ would definitely bring in a slightly more well-organized cohort of students to fields like teaching and nursing and the society would benefit.

liamkk112

HSC
95 is an unnecessarily high cutoff, but 60 is definitely too low.

75-80+ would definitely bring in a slightly more well-organized cohort of students to fields like teaching and nursing and the society would benefit.
my school was the first in nsw to run a future teachers club, basically it allows students to visit other schools and teach classes so they can try out teaching as a profession. this definetly encourages more teachers to enter the workforce, who are genuinely passionate about teaching.

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
my school was the first in nsw to run a future teachers club, basically it allows students to visit other schools and teach classes so they can try out teaching as a profession. this definetly encourages more teachers to enter the workforce, who are genuinely passionate about teaching.
That is an interesting initiative.

Unfortunately, the problem is not the teacher numbers entering, it is the number of teachers who leave shortly after starting, as much as 50% of the teaching graduate cohorts leave within 10 years. Around 60% of people who hold teaching degrees or certifications do not work as teachers.

As someone in their 14th year as an educator, I can tell you that the job of teaching/training/tutoring is unendingly harder than people tend to think and is never done as well as it could be.

Regardless, having slightly more well-organized high school entrants/mature aged students will definitely help a little, but the education industry/sector in Australia has a long way to go before it works like it ideally should.

liamkk112

HSC
That is an interesting initiative.

Unfortunately, the problem is not the teacher numbers entering, it is the number of teachers who leave shortly after starting, as much as 50% of the teaching graduate cohorts leave within 10 years. Around 60% of people who hold teaching degrees or certifications do not work as teachers.

As someone in their 14th year as an educator, I can tell you that the job of teaching/training/tutoring is unendingly harder than people tend to think and is never done as well as it could be.

Regardless, having slightly more well-organized high school entrants/mature aged students will definitely help a little, but the education industry/sector in Australia has a long way to go before it works like it ideally should.
i agree, i think teaching is honestly one of the hardest jobs to do well. you have to be extremely patient, have very clear speaking skills, manage varying skill levels of students and so on. but promoting more people into teaching degrees from high school will certainly help improve the situation, as many students might not have considered the path before; despite them having the necessary skills (or will to build them)

lolcti

HSC
N/A

There already is, some teachers in nsw have to take the Casper test before entering uni, which is a decision making test people use to enter med in Canada and some parts of Australia alongside gamsat postgrad-

nsw..wollongong

HSC
There already is, some teachers in nsw have to take the Casper test before entering uni, which is a decision making test people use to enter med in Canada and some parts of Australia alongside gamsat postgrad-
bro i just found out caspr is an additional prereq to postgrad med at uow... listen i expected it from like usyd or something but uow?? why u doing allat 😭

WeiWeiMan

HSC

95 seems a bit high
you can get into rural med with that

also isn't lantite ur tate thing or ru talking about an entry into teaching test (like ucat)

rubypinky:)

HSC
do i have to wrtie notes? what if i get really good notes from here or somehwere and keep studying with those? and do practice paaper?

souli

HSC
RIGHT ITS MY APP AND ISTG IF IT BECOMES LIKE FOREST IM ACTUALLY GOING TO BLAME YOU ALL
i actually can't we better stop talking about it but like seriously people need to gatekeep it or else everyone is gonna use it... like i got it because it was a lowkey app full of tryhards, then ppl are gonna do like fake times and its not gonna be real anymore

rubypinky:)

HSC
I was particularly thinking of ipt and pdhpe- more of writeen subjects i guess. i never thought of other subjects but do subjects matter obviously not maths or english but

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)