2024 HSC Chat (6 Viewers)

ziGma

HSC
does anyone have any tips for getting full marks in creatives and critical reflections in hsc eng ext 1 pls🙏
for an assingment im struggling w rn
My teacher says be 'unique'...though I'm unsure how to do that I often focus on ensuring my creatives aren't 'cliche'.

For critical reflections, just ensure you are succinct and don't waffle just to reach or exceed the word limit. Waffling is my teachers pet peeve and majority students do that so being clear and concise may make you stand out.

I'm not sure if this is much help but it's all I have 😪

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Hello All,

I have a question: What raw mark is required to score a Band 6 in the final HSC exam for the following subjects?

• Ancient History
  • Business Studies
  • English Extension I
  • Mathematics Advanced
  • Physics

• Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Community And Family Studies
  • Computer Enterprise
  • English Advanced

I'm a bit cluelss and unsure what to 'aim' for or where to find the answer to this 😕 (so sorry for the long list, these are my friends subjects as well...this'll help them aim for something as well)

All and any help is much appreciated :)

Thank you
95 raw should be safe for b6

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
@carrotsss made a calculator just for that. I'm not bothered to link it, but if you search for it on the forums, it'll come up right away.

ziGma

HSC
Hello 😃

I have a question: How is University of Technology Sydney (UTS) for a Science/Research course or degree?

I was initially interested in Medicine but now I am drifting towards a Science/Research field...I don't want to do medicine anymore, that has always been more of what my parents have pushed me towards. I was never truly sure of which University to apply to but UTS seems like a good option for Science/Research. Thoughts? Suggestions?

(Of course my undying dream of graphic design and web design will never change) 😌

Bonus: What are you guys planning on doing in terms of University?

Thank you!

spacecats

HSC
My teacher says be 'unique'...though I'm unsure how to do that I often focus on ensuring my creatives aren't 'cliche'.

For critical reflections, just ensure you are succinct and don't waffle just to reach or exceed the word limit. Waffling is my teachers pet peeve and majority students do that so being clear and concise may make you stand out.

I'm not sure if this is much help but it's all I have 😪
thank you sm !!

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
Hello 😃

I have a question: How is University of Technology Sydney (UTS) for a Science/Research course or degree?

I was initially interested in Medicine but now I am drifting towards a Science/Research field...I don't want to do medicine anymore, that has always been more of what my parents have pushed me towards. I was never truly sure of which University to apply to but UTS seems like a good option for Science/Research. Thoughts? Suggestions?

(Of course my undying dream of graphic design and web design will never change) 😌

Bonus: What are you guys planning on doing in terms of University?

Thank you!
From what I have heard, for most science research roles, you will need to do a phd which alongside bachelors and honours is a lot of years in uni. If you like science, like to help people but don't want to head down the med route, you can always consider allied health which is your physiotherapy, speech pathology, podiatry etc

UTS is unique in the sense that it is the only uni that offers forensic science (besides WSU). UNSW and USYD however does offer more choices in terms of science majors. Also, you can potentially do double science majors at MAQU, USYD, UNSW and WSU, however at UTS, i'm pretty sure its just one major and one minor. What majors were you planning to major in?

You can always go into interior design, architecture, landscape architecture, product design, if u like designing? It's always good to choose something you like as a career path.

Take my advice with a grain of salt as I am also in the 2024 cohort but hope this helps! (I plan to study commerce or something econ related in uni!)

companionbby

HSC
Hello guys, how do i overcome the restrictions on posting link? I need it to post my society and culture questionnaire and its not letting me? I am new at this lol. Thanks 💕

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Hello guys, how do i overcome the restrictions on posting link? I need it to post my society and culture questionnaire and its not letting me? I am new at this lol. Thanks 💕
i think u gotta post or have an older account (like a few days maybe idk) to post links (cringe fr)

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
current dilemma:
i want my own ipad (i have been stealing my sister's for the past year and i feel bad) but i am kinda broke so i need to consider a few things
* is 64gb enough for the whole of hsc? i want to dump all of my hsc stuff onto the ipad for sake of convenience and i think that alone is already > 64 gb
* how do i not get scammed on fb marketplace (or when trying to buy refurbished items)
* how do i get #good deals
* is 10.9" screen size enough ??
(am trying to get an air 4th gen+)

advantages:
* easier to keep track of stuff/past papers/go back to each past paper
* do not need to print everything
* can do stuff on the post-study train ride home

disadvantages:
* i don't want to be broke asf
* again may not have enough storage space for $$ (and i don't want to be broke asf)

thank you 😃

lolcti

HSC
N/A
current dilemma:
i want my own ipad (i have been stealing my sister's for the past year and i feel bad) but i am kinda broke so i need to consider a few things
* is 64gb enough for the whole of hsc? i want to dump all of my hsc stuff onto the ipad for sake of convenience and i think that alone is already > 64 gb
* how do i not get scammed on fb marketplace (or when trying to buy refurbished items)

advantages:

disadvantages:
* again may not have enough storage space for $$ (and i don't want to be broke asf)

thank you 😃
I have 64gb too and it’s fine but I only use it for my science subjects and math to write notes on Goodnotes, but for English and essay based subjects just use a laptop or computer cause it’s too confusing and hard on an iPad + it takes too much storage. Also, it’s unlikely you’ll get scammed on fb marketplace cause I’m pretty sure you can visit their house and check out if the product is fine (at least that’s what my mum does before she sells her products) and just get ones with good reviews as they’re more likely trust worthy. Yes the screen time is perfect unless you have eyesight issues than idk how to help. Also hate to break it to you, but since you’ve already accepted it you’re going to be broke asf 😍

WeiWeiMan

HSC
current dilemma:

advantages:

disadvantages:

thank you 😃
personally i find studying on an ipad kinda annoying compared to pen and paper

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
I have 64gb too and it’s fine but I only use it for my science subjects and math to write notes on Goodnotes, but for English and essay based subjects just use a laptop or computer cause it’s too confusing and hard on an iPad + it takes too much storage. Also, it’s unlikely you’ll get scammed on fb marketplace cause I’m pretty sure you can visit their house and check out if the product is fine (at least that’s what my mum does before she sells her products) and just get ones with good reviews as they’re more likely trust worthy. Yes the screen time is perfect unless you have eyesight issues than idk how to help. Also hate to break it to you, but since you’ve already accepted it you’re going to be broke asf 😍
checked and 256gb is probs what i'm going to go for bcz i found a crazy deal
yeah naw eng is the only subject i'd acc print out papers (would you print out in colour or not bcz that's $$ and idk if colour analysis is a good technique regardless) for i'm not bothered for the rest n i type them all on docs regardless
personally i find studying on an ipad kinda annoying compared to pen and paper
the only reason i would buy one is bcz it's more convenient for me in organising and doing stuff otherwise i wouldn't even think of it bcz again $$$ (am a whore for well organised stuff)

ziGma

HSC
From what I have heard, for most science research roles, you will need to do a phd which alongside bachelors and honours is a lot of years in uni. If you like science, like to help people but don't want to head down the med route, you can always consider allied health which is your physiotherapy, speech pathology, podiatry etc

UTS is unique in the sense that it is the only uni that offers forensic science (besides WSU). UNSW and USYD however does offer more choices in terms of science majors. Also, you can potentially do double science majors at MAQU, USYD, UNSW and WSU, however at UTS, i'm pretty sure its just one major and one minor. What majors were you planning to major in?

You can always go into interior design, architecture, landscape architecture, product design, if u like designing? It's always good to choose something you like as a career path.

Take my advice with a grain of salt as I am also in the 2024 cohort but hope this helps! (I plan to study commerce or something econ related in uni!)
Thank You!!

I'm honestly not sure what to major in right now :confused: (Iknow I'm super oblivious). However, the allied health route sounds interseting. Forensic Science...maybe not I hate the sight of blood.

I'm going to sit on it for a while and research a little I guess. I'll let you guys know what I decide.

Thanks again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)