2024 HSC Chat (4 Viewers)

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
I have 64gb too and it’s fine but I only use it for my science subjects and math to write notes on Goodnotes, but for English and essay based subjects just use a laptop or computer cause it’s too confusing and hard on an iPad + it takes too much storage. Also, it’s unlikely you’ll get scammed on fb marketplace cause I’m pretty sure you can visit their house and check out if the product is fine (at least that’s what my mum does before she sells her products) and just get ones with good reviews as they’re more likely trust worthy. Yes the screen time is perfect unless you have eyesight issues than idk how to help. Also hate to break it to you, but since you’ve already accepted it you’re going to be broke asf 😍
checked and 256gb is probs what i'm going to go for bcz i found a crazy deal
yeah naw eng is the only subject i'd acc print out papers (would you print out in colour or not bcz that's $$ and idk if colour analysis is a good technique regardless) for i'm not bothered for the rest n i type them all on docs regardless
personally i find studying on an ipad kinda annoying compared to pen and paper
the only reason i would buy one is bcz it's more convenient for me in organising and doing stuff otherwise i wouldn't even think of it bcz again $$$ (am a whore for well organised stuff)

ziGma

HSC
From what I have heard, for most science research roles, you will need to do a phd which alongside bachelors and honours is a lot of years in uni. If you like science, like to help people but don't want to head down the med route, you can always consider allied health which is your physiotherapy, speech pathology, podiatry etc

UTS is unique in the sense that it is the only uni that offers forensic science (besides WSU). UNSW and USYD however does offer more choices in terms of science majors. Also, you can potentially do double science majors at MAQU, USYD, UNSW and WSU, however at UTS, i'm pretty sure its just one major and one minor. What majors were you planning to major in?

You can always go into interior design, architecture, landscape architecture, product design, if u like designing? It's always good to choose something you like as a career path.

Take my advice with a grain of salt as I am also in the 2024 cohort but hope this helps! (I plan to study commerce or something econ related in uni!)
Thank You!!

I'm honestly not sure what to major in right now :confused: (Iknow I'm super oblivious). However, the allied health route sounds interseting. Forensic Science...maybe not I hate the sight of blood.

I'm going to sit on it for a while and research a little I guess. I'll let you guys know what I decide.

Thanks again :)

companionbby

HSC
Whats your pip topic ? :)
mine is pretty basic which is about how popculture had influenced dating from previous years. So basically, I would be exploring how times had changed from like courtship to now days, highlighting on the term's 'casual dating' because of technology. AND ALSO focusing on how like people would sometimes base their ideal relationships from either media or celebrities lmao.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
From now on when this chat goes dead post the last thing u just watched:

as.merd

HSC
mine is pretty basic which is about how popculture had influenced dating from previous years. So basically, I would be exploring how times had changed from like courtship to now days, highlighting on the term's 'casual dating' because of technology. AND ALSO focusing on how like people would sometimes base their ideal relationships from either media or celebrities lmao.
OHHH super interesting !! id love to participate in your questionnaire, when you get the chance to distribute it :)

companionbby

HSC
oh wait i can actual do it, the link works ?
yeah but since im still a newbie at the website, it wont let me distribute the link publicly until i hit a certain amount of messages (i dont even knoww what goal number that is). so conversation i send it in lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)