• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (5 Viewers)

weeze

HSC
all my friends are getting early entry offers but the ones i applied for (UTS and Western SYD) dont come out til at the mid-end of the month... starting to feel FOMO, anyone else? :sleep:

henryh2023

HSC
Help ! anyone know how i can get hold of trial papers for extension 1 and extension 2 maths? i never tutored so need papers to practice thanks

n00d11es

HSC
does anyone know what time offers for early entry usually come out?? tomorrow is ACU's first round offers and i wanna be prepared lolol

carrotsss

HSC
How accurate is it? It gave me 99 but there is absolutely 0 chance
it’s pretty much as accurate as the marks you put in, if ur not being honest with yourself and not putting in marks from exams of equivalent difficulty to the 2022 hsc (or compensating by lowering marks from easier papers) then it won’t be accurate. you mark is also influenced by your performance on the day, like if u stuff up the exam that’ll obv have an impact. also your moderated school assessment mark makes up 50% and it’s impossible to account for that

carrotsss

HSC
yo carrotsss do you have the excell to your raw marks atar calculator?
here’s the google sheets link if that’s what you mean?

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
these hard mx2 proof where u have to start with AM/GM inequality and make a substitution to reach a new inequality are killing me. does anyone have a tried and tested stratergy for these?

Chiprr

Somewhat Active Member
HSC
these hard mx2 proof where u have to start with AM/GM inequality and make a substitution to reach a new inequality are killing me. does anyone have a tried and tested stratergy for these?
I have an NSB booklet of just AM/GM inequality proofs with solutions which might help see there strategy for questions, but I think it's just trying replacements or working backwards mentally/on spare paper and then going from known statement, making substitution, getting to answer. Most questions generally involve doing it separately in multiple parts then adding/multiplying to get to the answer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)