• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (19 Viewers)

nonya2000

Banned
HSC
wait so is c definitely the answer? bc thats what i put but got a bit confused with the worked solutions for advanced, as they had d as the answer
Most definitely so. C looks just like D except C has a large gap, so it would be correct to choose C since its the odd one out.

minikooo

HSC

nonya2000

Banned
HSC

shushhhhhhhhh

HSC
Whether a student is a Top Achiever is not directly important, although it would indicate highly favourable HSC exam performance, which can be inferred from the highly favourable overall HSC mark that is used to determine the state rank. The element that matters in regard to the moderation process is HSC exam performance. Essentially, if a student achieves a highly favourable HSC exam mark, this will improve the cohort's HSC exam mark average, which is used as part of the moderation process. However, the extent to which it will improve that average also depends on the HSC exam performance of other students in the cohort. If only 1 out of 35 students does well in their HSC exam, that average will not improve by much, as opposed to most of the cohort doing well in their HSC exam, which would significantly improve that average.
blud is not harvey specter 😭🙏

katiekms

/bænd/
HSC
Exactly. 15 is C (8 in advanced). The people who selected D honestly deserved to get it wrong for trying to be a "smartass". Like I'm pretty sure question 15 (question 8 for advanced) is an iq question. If you got that wrong, your iq is definitely below 100 (no offense). IQ questions normally ask you to find the odd one out just like this. I hope NESA doesn't award the people who selected D, it's clearly possible the boxplot can look like that. Legit I just spent 30 minutes making data sets based of this and I could literally sketch a full fledged normally distributed box and whisker plot.
View attachment 45221
i hope you’re joking, it’s 100% D 😭

Legendary16

HSC
Exactly. 15 is C (8 in advanced). The people who selected D honestly deserved to get it wrong for trying to be a "smartass". Like I'm pretty sure question 15 (question 8 for advanced) is an iq question. If you got that wrong, your iq is definitely below 100 (no offense). IQ questions normally ask you to find the odd one out just like this. I hope NESA doesn't award the people who selected D, it's clearly possible the boxplot can look like that. Legit I just spent 30 minutes making data sets based of this and I could literally sketch a full fledged normally distributed box and whisker plot.
View attachment 45221
I understand why it can be D, but please be C so that I get the mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)