• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (29 Viewers)

person3024

HSC
my teacher is teaching senior chemistry for the first time and honestly cant even understand anything he teaches. all the things ik rn, i've had to teach myself srsly. plus he goes on explaining long concepts and js b4 the bell rings, hes like "guys u dont need to know this- its uni levl stuff" like wtf
everyone i know who does chem has a tutor 😭 even if you have a good teacher i feel like chem is just a subject where its so bloody hard to understand stuff sometimes

mishtidoi101

HSC
everyone i know who does chem has a tutor 😭 even if you have a good teacher i feel like chem is just a subject where its so bloody hard to understand stuff sometimes
ikr like even with a tutor i still find it a challenging subj and try to do my best by studying xtra for it and then theres some ppl who come and say that chem is so easy or smthg

person3024

HSC
honestly though abt dropping chem many times, but wasnt able to :(
same bro i remember after the year 11 chem prelim we were all flabbergasted but i couldn't drop because of units, i kinda like it now because i understand it better and year 12 content is sooo much better, but it's still so so hard for me

mishtidoi101

HSC
same bro i remember after the year 11 chem prelim we were all flabbergasted but i couldn't drop because of units, i kinda like it now because i understand it better and year 12 content is sooo much better, but it's still so so hard for me
i feel u, honestly i chose chem cuz i was genuinely interested and passionate abt it, but having this teacher has srsly made me lose all interest - kinda felt like a burden, i used to dread going to chem classes, glad thats over js the hsc left

person3024

HSC
i feel u, honestly i chose chem cuz i was genuinely interested and passionate abt it, but having this teacher has srsly made me lose all interest - kinda felt like a burden, i used to dread going to chem classes, glad thats over js the hsc left
exact same thing happened to me, but it got better
i was actually so interested in year 10 and then year 11 started with a greattt teacher but she had to leave and our new teacher wasn't the greatest but it was okay, then year 12 we got another who is extremelyyy smart and good at chem but there were points where she wouldn't made students feel the best (she's a lotttt better now like she's actually so nice but i used to be genuinely in tears having to go to class)

mishtidoi101

HSC
exact same thing happened to me, but it got better
i was actually so interested in year 10 and then year 11 started with a greattt teacher but she had to leave and our new teacher wasn't the greatest but it was okay, then year 12 we got another who is extremelyyy smart and good at chem but there were points where she wouldn't made students feel the best (she's a lotttt better now like she's actually so nice but i used to be genuinely in tears having to go to class)
i see thats good tho, atleast the teacher knows how to teach the subj, like my schools messed ngl, they dont provide basic proper resources that yr 12 students should have (too many to list) and then provide motivational speeches b4 exams, like i get the spirit but come on thats not gonna happen in irl if u aint putting in the effort as the school

person3024

HSC
i see thats good tho, atleast the teacher knows how to teach the subj, like my schools messed ngl, they dont provide basic proper resources that yr 12 students should have (too many to list) and then provide motivational speeches b4 exams, like i get the spirit but come on thats not gonna happen in irl if u aint putting in the effort as the school
aww yeah i feel you, at least its almostt overr thooo

K2Trappy

HSC
asking for a friend... how easy can u slide with a potentially fake sickness and getting a misadventure, tf the doctor gonna do say nah ur not ur lying
looking tempting

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
asking for a friend... how easy can u slide with a potentially fake sickness and getting a misadventure, tf the doctor gonna do say nah ur not ur lying
looking tempting
Easily but still not worth it and the risk
just suck it up like the rest of the state unless you have a legitimate reason

K2Trappy

HSC
Easily but still not worth it and the risk
just suck it up like the rest of the state unless you have a legitimate reason
nah but I heard that u can submit one and take the exam and then if it approves they take wtv is higher, basically free game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 27)