• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2026 HSC CHAT (18 Viewers)

jane1820

HSC
Guys how to find an equation for an exponential graph? I used ai, google n youtube n i get the gist but im not sure this is what ik
y=a^x
when x = 0, y=1
if the curve goes through, (0,1) and (-2,16) we can get the following
16= a^-2
it then becomes
1/16= 1/a^2
square root 1/16 it then becomes 1/4 which is the answer
did i do the steps correctly? since i did it right it seems like i get it but im a bit confused can someone provide me w another graph so i can try n find the equation? Or just explain/give me a youtube video?
plz i have a test on wednesday n non-linear is one topic out of 4 🙏🙏

isho-3

HSC
Guys how to find an equation for an exponential graph? I used ai, google n youtube n i get the gist but im not sure this is what ik
y=a^x
when x = 0, y=1
16= a^-2
it then becomes
1/16= 1/a^2
did i do the steps correctly? since i did it right it seems like i get it but im a bit confused can someone provide me w another graph so i can try n find the equation? Or just explain/give me a youtube video?
yeah seems like you did it correct!! and the way id have done it too, so i think you're on a pretty good track?

Shavi Masee

HSC
y=a^x
when x = 0, y=1
16= a^-2
it then becomes
1/16= 1/a^2
You did it correctly!!
Your aim is to get 'a' by itself and while substituting the numbers you have been given into the equation. Is there any particular part that ur confused abt?

jane1820

HSC
yeah seems like you did it correct!! and the way id have done it too, so i think you're on a pretty good track?
Ok thx
do u have any graphs? One is enough bc i have practise papers for my test i just need one graph to be 100% sure i can do this

jane1820

HSC
You did it correctly!!
Your aim is to get 'a' by itself and while substituting the numbers you have been given into the equation. Is there any particular part that ur confused abt?
THE THING IS IDK WHAT IM CONFUSED ABT TOO 😭 im good at math n can do it but when i was solving it i just paused mid way n was like ‘huh? This is the right answer but what?’
i think im just not confident thats all 👎

isho-3

HSC
Ok thx
do u have any graphs? One is enough bc i have practise papers for my test i just need one graph to be 100% sure i can do this
wait do you want a graph of that question you mentioned or just any anotated graph of an exponential curve in general, bc i think i have a few of those from my maths class i made

jane1820

HSC
wait do you want a graph of that question you mentioned or just any anotated graph of an exponential curve in general
Just give me an exponential graph w two/one coordinates n ill try n find the equation (if u have any)

Shavi Masee

HSC
THE THING IS IDK WHAT IM CONFUSED ABT TOO 😭 im good at math n can do it but when i was solving it i just paused mid way n was like ‘huh? This is the right answer but what?’
i think im just not confident thats all 👎
You could use desmos to see how the graph moves by putting random numbers in, It helped me a bunch for my exam. Desmos.
I think isho is giving you some numbers so i won't bother<3

jane1820

HSC
I use desmos to see how the graphs move by putting random numbers in, It helped me a bunch for my exam. Desmos
My teacher highly (also) recommends desmos n this other website but i dont want to look at a graph n how it moves i want to understand how it happens
also my textbook has answers so i just check the end of the book
is desmos actually that useful?

Shavi Masee

HSC
My teacher highly (also) recommends desmos n this other website but i dont want to look at a graph n how it moves i want to understand how it happens
also my textbook has answers so i just check the end of the book
is desmos actually that useful?
YES veryy!! (atleast for me), if you know how to use it/ what you're looking for.

When I put the random numbers in, i compare it to another graph with a different equation. You end up finding a pattern and that's how I understand it. Not sure if it works for everyone or if that's what you mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)