28 Weeks Later (1 Viewer)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0oSdqQuzdU&mode=related&search=

The film starts six months after the Rage virus has spread throughout the city of London. The United States Army has restored order and is repopulating the quarantined city, when a carrier of the Rage virus enters London and unknowingly re-ignites the spread of the deadly infection, wreaking havoc on the entire population.

I quite liked the prequel 28 Days and i honestly wasnt expecting this movie to be much more than a rock and roll zombie flick (ala Land of the Dead/Resident Evil), but after seeing this last night i must say that this movie is truely awesome.

The movie felt like a very good mix of 28 Days and Dawn of the Dead but really managed to focus on the chaotic opening hours of the infection and the idea of having to choose between self sacrafice or survival, something i felt that these two movies were lacking in.

The intro was very intense and delivered perfectly. they really managed to create a sense of fear, panic and desperation while actually telling a story rather than just a display of massive amounts of gore that most horror movies seem to be aiming for.

This movie had some of very memorable scenes, well worth another viewing.

edit: a 3 minute mini spoiler for anyone thats interested. probably better to see this in cinemas the first time though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0piWlDuJPgg&NR=1

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
Didn't find 28 Days Later to be any good at all. Hopefully (if the trailer is anything to go by), 28 Weeks Later should be much better.

Atilla89

HSC
I saw this movie last Saturday and loved it! The opening scene was just so well done. The two kids irritated the crap out of me, they do so many stupid things. I had two favourite scene, one involving a helicopter flying 1m above ground level (For those that have seen it I am sure you know what I am talking about). Second favourite scene is a spoiler so it is in white.

The last scene of the French running towards the Eifel tower. My friend joked that they weren't infected they were just behaving like normal French people do.

I would give this film 4 stars out of 5!!! :D

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Absolutely loved the opening scene. Was done very well and it did really set the mood for the rest of the movie.

I still prefer the original over weeks but what I did like about weeks is it focused on different aspects of the rage virus that were only touched upon in the original.

X

xeuyrawp

Saw it yesterday.

I really loved 28 Days Later..., but I found this film to be consistently worse.

Some of the bits were very unclassy (when he turns against his wife, the helicopter, etc) and made it far sillier than the original film.

The plot-line reminded me a lot of the Japanese post-apocalyptic films of the '80s; characters are introduced and removed very whimsically.

The father zombie was also a bit of a let down. Creating a character out of one of the enemies was a bit of a poor move, I think, especially when the basis of the virus was that it de-humanises people.

The whole Americans-in-Britain thing was great, though, as were the accompanying shots. The shot of the siblings moving up a packed escalator while the down escalator was empty was just great.

The soundtrack was also great.

If you liked the original, I'd recommend this one if there's nothing great to chose from.

SiN3m

HSC
I saw 28 weeks at the movies later b4 seeing 28 days and really had no idea of what to expect...in that first scene when the first infected person was scene i was so shocked. I loved the whole thing! Especially the grusome bit when the dad who was infected was poking his thumbs into, i don't remember who's, eyes... awsome...haven't bought the dvd yet

jcroldan89

HSC
This movie was fantastic. The sniper scene and the breakout of the virus were fuckin immense! I liked 28weeks better than 28days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)