2U HSC required 3U skills (1 Viewer)

un 1

HSC
N/A
Firstly the maximum and minimum question in no. 9 was similar to a question in 3U Cambridge year 12, which my friend who does 4U and 3U showed to me. Also the applications of calculus question about the birds was based on the 3U exercise P= N+Ae-kt. The time payments required too extensive knowledge and q10 was simply lame and stupid, to lose marks. 3U students could have easily sketched the area function and find the minimum value. This is aclear disadvantage, wat do you think?

I feel sorry for all the 2U students in my center who worked extremely hard the whole year and then made some silly mistakes. I hope this exam gets scaled well, and I am not talkin to show-offs who say they loved oit, jus to people who care!!

ajx

HSC
N/A
you are right, i am only doing 2U this year and next yr i am doing 3/4U . It is good that i had some Ext.1 knowledge prior to the exam. It helped me out in question 9 and 10 and i am hoping for 114/120, but my teacher, who is a pro, goes it might go up to 119/120. I hope you get good results, bcz it should get scaled well.

un 1

HSC
N/A
i am serious man, pple were crying in my center, q 10 was scary and if u make one dumb mistake u hav wrecked ur whole final mark. A lot of geniuses think dat in my school, my friend in yr 8 said the exam was dumb and stupid and deserves some decent scaling, so don't worry.

un 1

HSC
N/A
note the guy in yr 8 did the 2U and 2day did the 3U hsc.

ajx

HSC
N/A
Seriously, man the hsc is getting harder every year. 10 (b) was than last years probability. A guy in my class did the 2005 hsc for practice and got 119 in it. He reckons in this hsc he is looking at around 112. That means that the level of difficulty has increased so much in the past few years

un 1

HSC
N/A
You make sense. Iam serious, i thought i was gonna kill the hsc. But i went down in those weird

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
It was kind of tricky, but it takes a long, looong time, the slow and boring factor. It should get scaled well,m that is wat my studies advisor said

speedo

HSC
u r right, it shuld get scaled like hell.
Don't wotrry man
cheers
\good luck
\

thehootman

HSC
The first indication of a difficult test was the questions in question one. In the last 10 years of papers you have never been asked to: use cosine/sine rule; graph on cartesian plane. When I saw that I was quite worried. All was fine except for 10, but I think my mark will be around 100 :mad1:

jared_88

HSC
un said:
Firstly the maximum and minimum question in no. 9 was similar to a question in 3U Cambridge year 12, which my friend who does 4U and 3U showed to me. Also the applications of calculus question about the birds was based on the 3U exercise P= N+Ae-kt. The time payments required too extensive knowledge and q10 was simply lame and stupid, to lose marks. 3U students could have easily sketched the area function and find the minimum value. This is aclear disadvantage, wat do you think?

I feel sorry for all the 2U students in my center who worked extremely hard the whole year and then made some silly mistakes. I hope this exam gets scaled well, and I am not talkin to show-offs who say they loved oit, jus to people who care!!
Man the test was pretty good except for 10.b. (which I pretty much left out cos I only had like 9 mins left)... But it was a long exam. But then again I'm biased cos I do 3-unit. Just be thankful u didnt hav to do our 3 Unit exam which was a beast (although 4 unit people would probably hav thought differently cos they are super-brains). So my point is, it's all relative!

But I tried graphing that Area function as you said you could and couldn't do it. All I found out was that as x approaches positive infite, A approaches positive infite and there is an assymptote at x=0 (in which x becomes very large as it approaches it from the positive direction). So u can't "easily" graph it (unless other smarter 3-Unit people could).

The applications of calculus question about the birds was not really hard as all you had to do was sub in a very large number into the equation to find out that the term with e approached 0 and the equation approached 150. A 3 Unit style question would have asked for a fair bit more work than that (including deriving that equation form its differential instead of the other way around).

dikson

HSC
Yes man, my friend who did 3U said it was better of for 3U exam. That means both 2U and 3U were hard, man I hope it gets scaled. Anyway if the Bos scale everyone well, who is going to sook. My teacher says 113 will get u 119, but that is only an estimate.

un 1

HSC
N/A
I am hoping is gets scaled decently. That exam sucked big time. It did not have a lot of opportunities for the weaker 2 unit students to gain marks. Maybe the board of studies decided to make the 2 /3 unit exams difficult.

dikson

HSC
Saying it sucked is a compliment. It didn't take into account that stronger 2U students make stupid mistakes, they shuld scale all people who worked hard well, this suXX BIG TIMe man

un 1

HSC
N/A
I hope it gets scaled.!!!!!!! We need some scaling. And there are some geniuses on this forum who think the exam was so easy. Putting us down.

ajx

HSC
N/A
and i mean desperately, also 108 should go up to 120, bcsz it sucked, and fr arrogant idiots, dont put othr ppl down bcz theres no point in it.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
what marks do u predict for urselves ?

thehootman

HSC
I can safely say that although being an accelerant I completely share your views on the exam and arrogant maths whizz's.

This was the hardest exam in the past 10 years (done all the past papers).

BOARD OF STUDIES WAKE UP TO YOURSELVES STOP MAKING PEOPLE FEEL DEPRESSED BECAUSE YOU SET UNFAIR AND DASTARDLY EXAMS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)