2u MATHS WAS EASY! (1 Viewer)

Dee S

HSC
holla back girl said:
i hate people who brag too...

my opinions: everything wasn't that bad, except i must admit that it was a hard test compared to 2004 hsc and catholic trials.

and 10 wasn't that bad even though i know i got all of b wrong.

overall, i was aimimg for a high 90, but i guess i'll settle with anything in the 90s snce it was a pretty hard test.

anyways don't worry...i am sure everyone thought it was a bit challenging than usual... but i think everyone will be pleasantly surprised!

**my maths teacher said that the statistics from a recent year showed that to get a band 6, you need a raw mark of around 86/120
86/120 from past years? well since this one was harder, that should mean you'll need less to get a band 6 right? ?
i agree, it was soo much harder than catholic. i got 97% in catholic and in this one im thinkn ill get 100/120.
Well that's great! I hope we all do well... Its almost over guys!!

Lil Clutch

HSC
holla back girl said:
except i must admit that it was a hard test compared to 2004 hsc and catholic trials.
yeah 2u maths was ok- i worked well until question 10, which was probably only difficult because i ran out of time. in saying that im not overly confident like some people out there-good for you's,but i did find it was a challenging test!
on the note of what you said holla back girl, i also worked through 2004 hsc, and did really well in it and generally found it easier, hence my conclusion that 2004 paper was easier than our one. and im not debating whether that is true or not but i thought that maybe i found todays exam more difficult because of the added pressure of an exam room, time constraints, etc. like i know i didnt time myself properly when doing the past papers, so maybe its the same case with you? and that is why you find the 2004 paper easier?

anyway not that it really matters! just acknowledging your experiences! back to today's exam- whose a 3u kid that found the test hard? im a 3u kid, and admittingly it was a challenging test-but that not to say i think i failed or something!

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
seremify007 said:
ROFL I don't consider getting only 9 q's right making the test easy =P

Sigh I found it bloody hard- I left out one bit from q10 =( ... fortunately everyone (EXCEPT HIRAL- so if you ever read this- stuff u~ jkjk) found it really hard; and I usually gauge a test's difficulty by how people in my school go~ if we find it hard, it probably was. *phew*

Did any of you guys get random ppl talking to you at busstops/shops about how you found 2u? I had several randoms ask me >_> My reply- "**** hard."
And me Jeff, and me........

margareth

mateee it was HARD AS! well thats me.... dont practice much but like what alwways gets me thrown off its the 5 minutes reading time and i dont get it ... HAAHAHAHA all these graphs everywhere

...well thats that,its over cant complain, only the people who studied their arses not cram study off will get what they deserve. as least i tried...and thats all u can really ask for eh?

B.J

HSC
Lil Clutch said:
yeah 2u maths was ok- i worked well until question 10, which was probably only difficult because i ran out of time. in saying that im not overly confident like some people out there-good for you's,but i did find it was a challenging test!
on the note of what you said holla back girl, i also worked through 2004 hsc, and did really well in it and generally found it easier, hence my conclusion that 2004 paper was easier than our one. and im not debating whether that is true or not but i thought that maybe i found todays exam more difficult because of the added pressure of an exam room, time constraints, etc. like i know i didnt time myself properly when doing the past papers, so maybe its the same case with you? and that is why you find the 2004 paper easier?

anyway not that it really matters! just acknowledging your experiences! back to today's exam- whose a 3u kid that found the test hard? im a 3u kid, and admittingly it was a challenging test-but that not to say i think i failed or something!

yeah i do 3u and i would say a hard test is one that gets top marks of round 80%. This one, challenging definitely, especially compared to past few hsc's maybe theyre trying to dicriminate a bit more or something. I went over the test now and im looking at getting about 100-110, If it wasnt for that volume question and question 10 i would have done prety mad. How about everyone else

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
JonzeH said:
2unit wasnt hard as far as the levelof questionng goes..
that was above average, but time was the problem.
good thing at Marcellin we got 10 minutes extra rofl, the lady was too old and cudnt read our clocks :D

so that solved the time problem eh :]
Yea right, we didn't get 10 min extra, they said pens down after 3 hours and 5 min, cause of the 5 min reading time, mabey you didnt put your pen down

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
JonzeH said:
2unit wasnt hard as far as the levelof questionng goes..
that was above average, but time was the problem.
good thing at Marcellin we got 10 minutes extra rofl, the lady was too old and cudnt read our clocks :D

so that solved the time problem eh :]
You dont go to marcellin- according to this http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?p=1393387#post1393387 you say you go to pagewood- I go to marcellin- we didnt get extra time as i already said.

Stop trying to spread rumors.

[Damo]

HSC
B.J said:
yeah i do 3u and i would say a hard test is one that gets top marks of round 80%. This one, challenging definitely, especially compared to past few hsc's maybe theyre trying to dicriminate a bit more or something. I went over the test now and im looking at getting about 100-110, If it wasnt for that volume question and question 10 i would have done prety mad. How about everyone else
Yeh, i agree. if it wasn;t 4 Qu10 i would be set, like round 110. but with added loss (if that makes sense) of marks in Qu10, i rekn 100ish mayb. but we'll c wen the results come bak..

lima_india_zulu

HSC
neat

sweetsensations said:
shut the fuck up! just cos u did so brilliantly theres no need to rub it in everyones face you stuck up snob!!!

its nice 2 know that u take pleasure in everyone else doing badly.... wot a fuckin bitch!

In the real world the people that didnt get 121/120 will beat u cos ur head is shoved so far up ur arse!!!

btw.... if ur so friggin great at maths wtf werent u sitting the 4unit paper 2day smartarse?!?!
u r the bomb chiki, that was awesome. cheers

the_gloved_one

HSC
that maths test was a heap of shit! urgh i hate maths - haha sorry i have a lot of rage.

pikto

owns your mother
HSC
lets not ever speak of that test again, in fact lets deny its existence, so when they hand results everyone says 'what is the meaning of this, i never did such a test in my life (in english accent)' and everyone lives happily ever after without a shot uai

mark1111

Hdb

fuk all u marcellin cunts..wtf extra 10 mins the lady at our skool took 10mins off at waverly...wtf wtf

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
what971 said:
I shit you not. I expect to get all 9 questions right, except maybe about 3/4 marks, and at least half in the 10th question right. I was expecting everyone to say it was about 'average', but instead EVERYONE said it was hard.

You guys, you've really made my day, I thank you all.
Am I the only one who found it ironic he claims it's so easy but is only expecting about 75%?

mark1111

Hdb

Hillsdale Hillsdale
Hillsdale
Hillsdale Hillsdalehillsdale Fuk All Of Use..hdb All The Way

Carnivour

HSC
seremify007 said:
Am I the only one who found it ironic he claims it's so easy but is only expecting about 75%?

Haha, what? Do your maths kid, he's expecting ~92%

That test was really easy; straightforward bookwork - ofcourse with the exception of question 10 - I'm NOT trying to be snobbish, but I'm thoroughly perplexed how people can say that its harder than all the past papers - maybe you guys took 9 hours to do them with your books open? I dunno, I'm just incredibly surprised at the reactions, I thought the test was average and fair.

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
what971 said:
I shit you not. I expect to get all 9 questions right, except maybe about 3/4 marks, and at least half in the 10th question right. I was expecting everyone to say it was about 'average', but instead EVERYONE said it was hard.

You guys, you've really made my day, I thank you all.

lol, i would laugh if you failed...

HSC
Carnivour said:
Haha, what? Do your maths kid, he's expecting ~92%

That test was really easy; straightforward bookwork - ofcourse with the exception of question 10 - I'm NOT trying to be snobbish, but I'm thoroughly perplexed how people can say that its harder than all the past papers - maybe you guys took 9 hours to do them with your books open? I dunno, I'm just incredibly surprised at the reactions, I thought the test was average and fair.
Exactly, the only reason it was "harder" this year is because you didn't have the solutions lying open next to you when you did the test, the BOS doesn't design the test with the objective of making it deliberately much harder than those of the last few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)