33116 Statistical Design and Analysis (1 Viewer)

krayzie_

HSC
Are the lab assignments the same as previous years?

I don't have lab 1 and lab 2 left.. but i got the other two lol

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
this is possibly the most annoying subject.. tied with biosphere

i'm so tired of reading about it all... i'll be so glad when it's all over, and even more glad to know that i *hopefully* wont ever have to do stats in the workplace.

i think ed is an alright guy.. people should cut him some slack

stemcell

HSC
N/A
krayzie_ said:
I've done it and completed it. Yea it is maths, statistics. Should be alright with HSC 2U.

Very confusing at the start, but then owned it in the end. Need help, ask me. You got to buy a 50 buck folder for the subject which has all you subject notes, tutorials and assessment tasks. Lecturer is Ed Lidums, he is a good lecturer but some people find his lectures boring and don't turn up. If you fall behind, don't get left behind because the stuff involved usually depends on the stuff which was learnt the week before, so if you don't understand make sure you do!
Hi krayzie,
Can you please tell me how many lectures, tutorials are there per week for this subject and how long do they take? Is there any flexibility in choosing which day you want to attend. I study at TAFE now and wonder if it would be possible to study at UTS at the same time and how intensive and flexible the lectures are. Thanks

krayzie_

HSC
Mode of presentation: Six hours of classes each week, comprising three hours of
lectures followed by a tutorial session and a laboratory session. These should be supported by individual or group study.

Assessment: A one and a half hour examination to be held during the tutorial in the week commencing 30 April 2007 and worth 30%, laboratory worksheets worth 20% and a final examination worth 50%.

The laboratory worksheets are due at the end of the tutorial scheduled in the following weeks.
Laboratory worksheet 1 due in week commencing 26/03/2007.
Laboratory worksheet 2 due in week commencing 30/04/2007.
Laboratory worksheet 3 due in week commencing 14/05/2007.
Laboratory worksheet 4 due in week commencing 28/05/2007.

HSC
krayzie_ said:
Ah I see, I hardly ever went to any lectures and still managed a D.

Make sure you do the four assignments AND it is imperative that you go to the workshops which are held before mid semesters as well as the one held before the finals. As the exam they go through in the workshops are exactly in the same format as the real mid semester and final exam.
You gave me hope and I ended up with the same situation: didn't show up much, knew I had to study for it, and managed a D.

carpenters1

HSC
Heyyyy, this is so strange im doing SDA this year 2010 :) its like going through the generations on this thread ay :p

is there anymore links about SDA on bored of studies i cant find any

ANDD how about biosphere, any links for that too ??

Thanks, and i have Ed for SDA his bin there for a while i guess, bless him and his passion :p

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Heyyyy, this is so strange im doing SDA this year 2010 :) its like going through the generations on this thread ay :p

is there anymore links about SDA on bored of studies i cant find any

ANDD how about biosphere, any links for that too ??

Thanks, and i have Ed for SDA his bin there for a while i guess, bless him and his passion :p
If you need any help with Biosphere, feel free to drop me a PM.

SDA is easy enough to get through, don't let it worry you too much. Focus more on Chem/CBG/Biosphere.

Moomart

HSC
I can't always go to the lectures because I work on the day they're scheduled, and my tutorial class is worse than useless. Does anyone know of a good textbook or website that covers the stuff we have to learn in SDA? Probability is killing me.

tofeecrunch

HSC
Hi, i'm finding stats hard as well specially probability is driving me nuts! the lecturer is great but doesnt do a good job explaining things well...the pracs are worse....the russian lady jumps from question to question without explaining anything! dont understand her accent or hand writing! find the folder pretty much useless as well cos nothing makes sense... looking for a textbook that would start from the basics... any suggestions?

Moomart

HSC
Ok, I kind of answered my own question: the Khan Academy has a bunch of free videos which are pretty easy to follow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)