3U Maths HSC 2019 Solutions (1 Viewer)

HSC
So I was bored and I decided to do the HSC 3U Maths for 2019. Please tell me if any of the answers are wrong. I am not a HSC student lol. In my opinion the exam was harder than last year so hopefully it scales better. Other than that have a look a through it

Attachments

Arrowshaft

HSC
So I was bored and I decided to do the HSC 3U Maths for 2019. Please tell me if any of the answers are wrong. I am not a HSC student lol. In my opinion the exam was harder than last year so hopefully it scales better. Other than that have a look a through it
lol I made the exact same silly mistake, the integral isn’t tan inverse, it’s a natural log, as u=cos^2x, otherwise everything looks correct to me

integral95

HSC
You can't justify your proof in 14bii) with just that

You made the assumption that

But that's only true if the function is strictly increasing (which is not true ripp)

integral95

HSC
So you actually would also have to include the fact that

Which then you know the function is increasing for between the 3 values

HSC
You can't justify your proof in 14bii) with just that

You made the assumption that

But that's only true if the function is strictly increasing (which is not true ripp)
but what if you proved that for a continuous function,

and
Therefore b , which is the only root, such that f(b)=0 has to lie between a and c for the curve to be both smooth and continuous

therefore

HSC
lol I made the exact same silly mistake, the integral isn’t tan inverse, it’s a natural log, as u=cos^2x, otherwise everything looks correct to me
Yeah I realised that mistake, thanks for pointing it out

jathu123

HSC
Does anyone have the pdf of the exam? Can't seem to find it on any thread (or im just blind haha)

integral95

HSC
but what if you proved that for a continuous function,

and
Therefore b , which is the only root, such that f(b)=0 has to lie between a and c for the curve to be both smooth and continuous

therefore
This is why you shouldn't look at math at 1am lel..
Yeah you're right cause I was thinking of a counter example where you could have you roots

But your idea would negate that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)