3u topics: whats hard? whats not? (1 Viewer)

kimii

UltimateMEMBER :D
HSC
hey guys! since trials and the HSC is coming up..
what topic/s do you guys think is one of the hardest?
hints on question handling also welcomed!

in my opinion.. i think combinations and permutation, binomial theorm, and induction =_________="

do u guys have any hints?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I used to have trouble with binomial theorem, but now I'm alright with it, still need to work on more perms & combs / probability questions.

kimii

HSC
vafa said:
wow wee... ur awesome!

but i only had like 3 terms to learn the whole prelim and hsc course =_______=" ima yr 11 and i find 3u hard.. isert ok?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Haha, you're in the same boat as me. Extension 1 maths accelerated student as well :D
I've had a little over 2 terms to learn the whole course, and I think I'm going alright with it :)
Probability, permutations and combinations are a bitch though :p

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
LottoX said:
The most difficult? Motion. It can get extremely nasty. Extremely. Extremely.

Maybe because that's from being quite brutalised by Mechanics in 4u.
lol nice, When I see Motion questions I Laugh, Like Laughing in the face of danger. I love motion questions lol

I find that the most difficult is some permutations and combinations questions, and some crazy tweaking with factorials and stuff. And some of the binomial questions can be difficult.

But in reality they can make almost any of the topics hard, Some 3D trig are quite annoying.

But hey, Practice makes perfect......Which means its time to practice
GG

sja

dingleberry
HSC
Permutations and Combinations ---> Research 3-4 HSC questions (not do, but research).

Talk yourself through every single method you're going through. The more you do, the way easier it gets.

Induction --> Remember to do this, in step 2 you are writing the term BEFORE THE LAST (on the left hand side of the equation).

Then in step 3, when you replace k with k + 1, you will be able to match a significant portion of the series back in STEP 2. You sub that large section in and simplify. They're all the same!

Binomial theory --> Ok it's hard.... :D

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I find binomial theorem somewhat easier than permutations and combinations, and a lot easier than probablity, so it really depends on the person what topics are easier and harder.
ditto ..
although the greatest term thingy-me jig in binomial therom gets me.

<3 Binomial probablity (hate 2u probablity though .. weird eh?)
<3 induction ... love the challenge of manipulation :D

hate: perms and combs
Hate: circle geo
Hate: hard questions

:p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
The thing with perms & combs is that you can't be fully sure or check if your answer is correct. It's very easy to miss things or count too many of them with more complicated problems.

kimii

HSC
by motion do you mean rectilinear, simple harmonic and projectile? ^_______^ i like those!

i hate polynomials.. o_O newtons method.. =____=" i dont know how apply it to a question~

ooo but binomial is stil the worst.. have u guys tryed writing them as expressions?? T___T" my god...

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
i love induciton. its like the one thing that always works. other than that i seem to have a bit of a prb with any geometry and also a bit of permutations and combinations these days.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I agree, once you get the hang of induction, you start to appreciate the method and how powerful it can be. They're also worth a fair amount of marks, especially those harder ones.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
I actually quite like induction compared to the other 3unit topics and I don't really mind binomial probability, but with binomial theorum I am shit with the coefficient stuff. Probability in general is pretty easy, but there aren't many questions on it :-(
I don't like 3D trigonometry, for some reason I just stuff up all the time on it and I'm also bad at circle geometry because I have never bothered to learn all the rules for it, (I only know that angles on the same arc are equal).
Pretty much all the other 3unit topics are bad for me. I suck at the subject - it's my write off.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
^That's my least favourite topic :mad1: I always get so dizzy, see, I can't count :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)