4 Girls Only (1 Viewer)

cuschoolies

HSC
The problem with games is that they are mostly male-oriented - mainly because nearly all the programmers and designers are male.

The Games industry needs more females working in it - in programming and design roles.

Last year at an Industry forum, they said they can't find enough women to work in the industry - women just aren't doing the games development courses.

At hornsby college they're trying to encourage girls to take the new Diploma Software Development (Games) course next year.

If you are thinking of doing a course like this, you can contact them via the website at http://infotech.hornsby.tafensw.edu.au/eoi.aspx

The other thing is that they (Hornsby TAFE) really help students do well. Five students (including 2 girls) have won National IT medals in WorldSkills. Their website tells more. One of the girls won Gold in Software Applications, and represented Australia in Korea. The other won Silver in Web Design, and as a result was offered a job as a web designer with a prestigious company.

Unlike some places, they (the teachers) treat you like a person, not just another student in the crowd. They've got lots of female IT teachers who really work hard to encourage girls to do well. To be fair, so do the male ones!

Good luck with exams everybody!

santaslayer

HSC
LoLz. Advertisment?

We have games like Barbie, Pony Club, Mathematic Computer Tutor :)p) and many other interesting female oriented games. What's more, what's stopping girls from playing Quake, WoW, Halo and the like?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I heard alot of chicks like to play The Sims- and I know quite a few who are really into Warcraft.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my gf was secretly playing Need For Speed the other day.. <3 Now I just gotta convince her into Quake III :eek:

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
ima girl and i used to play aok, after my liek 2 year addiction to that ive sworn not to buy any new games because i dont want to get addicted to anything again.
anyway i liek to create graphics, webdesign etc. coding is REAL BORING, especially software oh gooooooooooosh.
i only liek to do it in my own time with things i want to do, im considering going into the network side of things as you get to set things up and wander around instead of sit infront of a screen all day.
my mum just got cisco certified so shes a big help to me.

i really dont see anyfun in game coding. and i can see why alot of women dont want to participate in it. dont worry there are many girl gamers out there, just i wouldnt say they are interested in the shit side of things.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
I like girls who play games, as long as they don't try and knife me in the head in real life.
Well.. ya never know *lol* actually waita minute.. hmm :cool:

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
i also did work experience at SBS AND CAN I SAY
the main coder is a woman, the main graphics editor/maker is a girl and out of a total of liek 10 people in that area, only 1 is a guy!!
(thats in web design)
in the software area its all guys. with big glasses, the only woman is the manager.

there are a huge number of girls in web design/php etc that do it out of their spare time, go take a look around sometime

Last edited:

Ex_Oblivion

HSC
ima gamer! - kinda .. hehe i love FF - woo .. and NFS underground - bloody cost me alota assessments .. used to be a CS freak too *sigh* - those were the days ...

and yeah, i go behind the scenes too - graphics, web and will get into programming after exams ... ! im hopin to do comp eng. hopefully!! :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think FF also would appeal to chicks... the characters are quite well developed (sorta like a movie) and can probably connect with girls better than boys... I liked FF8 though~

*tries to think of other chick games*
I've met this girl who can own at WMMT~ and there are quite a few chicks who can DDR pretty well.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
Ex_Oblivion said:
ima gamer! - kinda .. hehe i love FF - woo .. and NFS underground - bloody cost me alota assessments .. used to be a CS freak too *sigh* - those were the days ...

and yeah, i go behind the scenes too - graphics, web and will get into programming after exams ... ! im hopin to do comp eng. hopefully!! :)
gl with that!
i ALMOST bought cs haha, but i decided to buy another game which looked ok but i didnt like it, i might download it sometime but if i get into it that'll be bad =\ some of the guys i know from aok are really good at cs and have offerred to teach me :|
one of the boys in my class is no.1 in australia at a form of cs

Last edited:

cuschoolies

HSC
The girls who want to go into games dev and go ahead and take a course usually do really well. They can become really great programmers. It's just that not many do this.

Why is that?

Well, you only have to look at this thread. Although the title said 4 Girls Only, a bunch of boys race in quick as they can to patronise the hell out of girls and women. The list of titles with Barbie it. The slick references to fragging all night. A bit predick-table. Sort of like gameboys with the silent m.

I couldn't believe the speed with which they lifted their knuckles off the ground (or out of their laps) onto the keyboard to thump in such words of infinite wisdom . Ee-awesome! And I'm guessing their hands went straight back to where they left off.

What they're really good at is deflating other people's choices. It's a minor form of bullying, and it excites them. And perhaps that's part of the reason why less girls than boys get into writing software?

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
cuschoolies said:
The girls who want to go into games dev and go ahead and take a course usually do really well. They can become really great programmers. It's just that not many do this.

Why is that?

Well, you only have to look at this thread. Although the title said 4 Girls Only, a bunch of boys race in quick as they can to patronise the hell out of girls and women. The list of titles with Barbie it. The slick references to fragging all night. A bit predick-table. Sort of like gameboys with the silent m.

I couldn't believe the speed with which they lifted their knuckles off the ground (or out of their laps) onto the keyboard to thump in such words of infinite wisdom . Ee-awesome! And I'm guessing their hands went straight back to where they left off.

What they're really good at is deflating other people's choices. It's a minor form of bullying, and it excites them. And perhaps that's part of the reason why less girls than boys get into writing software?
yes, ive gotten alot of slack as a girl when i used to play aok. all girls do, as they are all seen as pimple, fat, greasy girls who have no friends.
tthe funny thing is that its mainly guys who are liek that, all the girls ive made friends with from aok (im real good friends with em now) are all decent looking and one just got married.
guys who know nothing other than gaming can only slag others on the internet as their real life doesnt exist.
most girls i know have a life who also are gamers, coders, etc.

if you want to see the worst forum www.gamenoob.com > go sign up say hi and someone will most liely be 'omfg fag get a life, im so cool blah blah blah' or just browse around. biggest wannabe's there

cuschoolies

HSC
Thinking George Bush is a loser doesn't make you anti-American - perhaps it just means you don't appreciate the values he espouses.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
oh yes might i add, all the boys on gn think they are pimps and get laid everynight too(when rlly they are playing aok or someting else 24/7 ;\) to show you how far they go to look good on the internet.

Digital_Spork

HSC
anita_wax said:
oh yes might i add, all the boys on gn think they are pimps and get laid everynight too(when rlly they are playing aok or someting else 24/7 ;\) to show you how far they go to look good on the internet.
Pfft... what is wrong with playing aok 24/7? :p

Your just jelous because I rox? You should go in the age tourney... it will prob be RM though...you could teach me some dm after exams? :D

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
Digital_Spork said:
Pfft... what is wrong with playing aok 24/7? :p

Your just jelous because I rox? You should go in the age tourney... it will prob be RM though...you could teach me some dm after exams? :D
shit, ur from rm aok arn't you? ive seen a few digi's in rm although i dont play much anymore.
im just saying though all the dm'ers mainly think they get laid and play aok all the time :| its so sad. i like alot of the rm'rs although i dont like it how alot of them arn't high on logic. i played rm for a while and a few friends are pretty decent at it, i think id only be around rookish atm epsecially since i havent properly played in like 4/5months now

the dm'rs think they own everything, i hate it its one of the reasons why i left. sux :|

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
well im planning to work in either the games/programming/gfx industry.. love my games... btw some1 buy me q4 for my bday

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
anita_wax said:
i play aok and i am a pimp. check mate anita

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)