4 unit maths with 12 units. (1 Viewer)

VuongstER_boi

HSC
Heyy ppls , i was just wondeirng something. Have any of u guys done 4 unit with 12 units. It is very stressfull and do u not recommend it ? Like, i just wanna get an idea of how much stress it is doign 4 unit in 12 units of all subjects cos i mite be doing that next term. Thanks.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I don't do it. But yeah I don't see the harm in picking it up so you yourself can determine how stressful it is. If you find it too hard, drop it. If you're confident in your understanding of the work but it's a time-management issue, think about dropping another subject. Or, if you find it's not as stressful as you'd imagined, keep the 12 units. Pick it up and determine for yourself how stressful and manageable it is.

CleverDan

HSC
I personally wouldn't recommend it; unless you have excellent time management skills: I remember someone who did it at our school saying that the second extension unit was like a whole new 2unit subject.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Hey ur pretty good at maths, might as go all the way to achieve the best possible possible marks for ur UAI, but yeah, i agree with that u'll got to manage ur time properly.

Yamini

HSC
hey im in the same boat!!

i have thirteen units... and mite take 4 unit..i have hols to decide...and im worried what the work load is... all my teachers, year advisors all say that the work is like a whole new 2 unti subject... so you need to manage time amazingly well..

the advice i was given was to give it a go for a term...do the first assessment task..see how your coping..if you cant cope...drop it cos its only goin to get worse... and make sure you know all your other subjects heaps well..if you take it... cos they will suffer...

thats what ive been told

hope it helps you

good luck!

LordPc

HSC
im gonna take ext2 maths and will then have 13 units. I dont if your dedicated and will put in the required time then there should be no problem in taking up ext2 maths. you shouldnt think about the subject in terms of "Stress" or "difficulty" but rather in terms of your willingness and determination to put in the time and do well. if your not gonna put in your best effort, dont pick it up

James747

HSC
It all depends on how determined and dedicated you are to the subject, and how well you manage your time for ext 2 and all you rother subjects. It may be more difficult to manage with so many units but I know many people who have got really high UAI's with 12 units, so if you're willing to work hard, why not?

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
回覆: Re: 4 unit maths with 12 units.

I thought of doing extension2 before. But now I throw away that idea because I found extension 1 is getting harder and harder.....

C

cal f

Re: 回覆: Re: 4 unit maths with 12 units.

i dunno how you guys do ext, i looked at their exam paper today and had a stroke; they are ridiculous.

whoo1029384756

HSC

yeah, be prepared to work in ext. 2 subjects. Its quite a bit of extra work, it is more like another 2 units. We started ext. 2 maths early, it takes me ages to get everything done for it. But if u can manage it, and you're willing to put in the effort, i think it's well worth it. i'm taking 4u maths and 4u english, with 12 units, i hope i survive!

HSC

whoo1029384756 said:
it is more like another 2 units.
you do know that doing ext 2 maths is effectively doing another two units? (two unit counts for none, three and four unit now count for two units each)

eddy11

HSC

someone told me the other day if you do 4 units u get 100 for mathematics because its assumed you will, is this true

LordPc

HSC

its something like that. cause your doing 4u maths, you should know how to do everything in 2u test without fault really, so it is assumed that you will get 100 anyway. there is also something about ext and ext 2 counts for double or something....

Xianyunyehe

HSC
回复: 4 unit maths with 12 units.

my school seems like that you have to take 12 units including 4u maths
cause in case you cant cope and wanna drop 4u you still have 10 units

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC

eddy11 said:
someone told me the other day if you do 4 units u get 100 for mathematics because its assumed you will, is this true
Think about this very, very carefully. Then come back and tell us whether or not the quote up there is even remotely logical

Black Hawker

HSC

S1M0 said:
Think about this very, very carefully. Then come back and tell us whether or not the quote up there is even remotely logical
LOL. I wonder what some teachers at some school tell their students. :p

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A

eddy11 said:
No, they assume you get Band 6, not 100, and 2 unit maths won't count as part of your best 2 units if you intedn doing 4 unit.

iEdd

HSC

Yeah, E1 and E2 count as 2 units each. Your system would be awesome, do 4 unit maths, write your name on the paper and get 100% in 2 units of maths for free.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A

iEdd said:
Yeah, E1 and E2 count as 2 units each. Your system would be awesome, do 4 unit maths, write your name on the paper and get 100% in 2 units of maths for free.
I dont see the point SINCE THEY'RE NOT GOING TO BE COUNTED LAH

Bhaskar13

HSC
I don't understand, why have they changed it so extension units are worth double now? I haven't heard about this from my teachers at baulko.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)