4 Unit Revising Marathon HSC '10 (1 Viewer)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
A group of 7 boys and 5 girls go to watch a movie together.

(i) In how many ways can they sit in a row if the boys sit together and the girls sit together?

(ii) In how many ways can they sit together in a row if no two girls are to sit together?

(iii) After the movie the group of twelve go to a café and sit at a round table so that two particular girls sit together, five particular boys sit together, the remaining three girls sit together and the remaining two boys sit together. The four groups around the table don't mind which other group they are seated next to and within each group no one minds who they sit next to. In how many different ways can they be arranged?

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
A group of 7 boys and 5 girls go to watch a movie together.

(i) In how many ways can they sit in a row if the boys sit together and the girls sit together?

(ii) In how many ways can they sit together in a row if no two girls are to sit together?

(iii) After the movie the group of twelve go to a café and sit at a round table so that two particular girls sit together, five particular boys sit together, the remaining three girls sit together and the remaining two boys sit together. The four groups around the table don't mind which other group they are seated next to and within each group no one minds who they sit next to. In how many different ways can they be arranged?
i) 7P7 x 5P5 x 2 o-o
ii) 7P5 x 5P5 x2 + 5P5 x 7P4 x2
dont wna embarass myself now .. correcy me if you want xD
Just a question when do you use P and C. C = order important? P = order not?

Last edited:

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
(i) Find the sum 1 + w + w2 + w3 +... to n terms, considering the cases n=3k, n=3k+1, n=3k+2 where k is an integer.

(ii) Show that
(1 - w+w2)(1 - w2 +w4)(1 - w2 +w8) ... to 2n factors = 22n
i) Sn = (w^n-1)/(w-1) or is it :eek:

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Question:

A point P is moving in a circular path around a centre O. Define the angular velocity of P with respect to O at time t.

Derive expressions for the tangential and normal components of the acceleration of P at time t.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Question:

A point P is moving in a circular path around a centre O. Define the angular
velocity of P with respect to O at time t.

Derive expressions for the tangential and normal components of the acceleration of P at time t.
Aww, I havn't done mechanics yet. I don't think many schools will have :S.

untouchablecuz

HSC
Question:

A point P is moving in a circular path around a centre O. Define the angular velocity of P with respect to O at time t.

amiright?

nikkifc

HSC
Question:

Let P be at the position at the time t of a point describing a circle of centre O and radius r. OX is a fixed line cutting the circle at A. Suppose that at time t the particle is at P with speed v and at time t+δt it is at Q with speed v+δv.

At Q the resolved parts of velocity parallel and perpendicular to OP are (v+δv)sinδθ and (v+δv)cosδθ respectively.

Thus, the resolved parts of increase in velocity during time δt are:

Along tangent at P: (v+δv)cosδθ-v
Along normal at P: (v+δv)sinδθ-0

When δθ is small, sinδθ =:=δθ and using cos2θ=1-2sin2θ
cosδθ=1-2sin2(1/2 δθ) =:= 1 - 2(1/2 δθ)2 =:= 1 (neglecting 2nd order quantities)

Thus, (v+δv)cosδθ-v = δv
and (v+δv)sinδθ-0=vδθ+δvδθ=vδθ (neglecting 2nd order quantities)

Thus, tangential component of accel at P is:

and normal component o accel at P is:

shaon0

HSC
Let P be at the position at the time t of a point describing a circle of centre O and radius r. OX is a fixed line cutting the circle at A. Suppose that at time t the particle is at P with speed v and at time t+δt it is at Q with speed v+δv.

At Q the resolved parts of velocity parallel and perpendicular to OP are (v+δv)sinδθ and (v+δv)cosδθ respectively.

Thus, the resolved parts of increase in velocity during time δt are:

Along tangent at P: (v+δv)cosδθ-v
Along normal at P: (v+δv)sinδθ-0

When δθ is small, sinδθ =:=δθ and using cos2θ=1-2sin2θ
cosδθ=1-2sin2(1/2 δθ) =:= 1 - 2(1/2 δθ)2 =:= 1 (neglecting 2nd order quantities)

Thus, (v+δv)cosδθ-v = δv
and (v+δv)sinδθ-0=vδθ+δvδθ=vδθ (neglecting 2nd order quantities)

Thus, tangential component of accel at P is:

and normal component o accel at P is:
Nice, i was wondering when a 10er would answer this question. btw, it'll never be tested ie Non-uniform circular motion won't ever be tested.

Last edited:

nikkifc

HSC
Nice, i was wondering when a 10er would answer this question. btw, it'll never be tested ie Non-uniform circular motion won't ever be tested.
Check the 1981 HSC paper. I think this is from that paper. Oh and I accelerated :)

shaon0

HSC
Check the 1981 HSC paper. I think this is from that paper. Oh and I accelerated :)
1981? It may have been but 2010 onwards, they'll never ask it but either way it's very easy to derive. The proofs easier using polar coordinates and a lot quicker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)