400/500 Law Electives (1 Viewer)

iwannarock

HSC
MaryJane said:
I found this article helpful :) But its pretty long... just do a ctrl + f through it to find relevant parts.

This essay is undoubtedly the fastest I have ever written. And in my opinion speed = quality. So this is pretty low quality. Oh well, I have other assignments piling up around my ears.
thanks.:)

that article actually seems to be helpful to the question.

i better start writing soon.

Tabris

HSC
MaryJane said:
I found this article helpful :) But its pretty long... just do a ctrl + f through it to find relevant parts.

This essay is undoubtedly the fastest I have ever written. And in my opinion speed = quality. So this is pretty low quality. Oh well, I have other assignments piling up around my ears.
Thats the working paper, i got the real article, i think is

Guzman, Andrew T (2005) ‘The Design of International Agreements’, 16(4) European Journal of International Law 579, p 585

This can be downloaded from EJIL website at

http://www.ejil.org/journal/Vol16/No4/art1.html

Also have a look at this if u want

Jacovides, Andrew A (2001) ‘International Tribunals: Do They Really Work for Small States?’, 34(1) New York University Journal of International Politics and Law 253, p 256.

U can download this from the NYU law journal website at

http://www.law.nyu.edu/journals/jilp/issues/34/pdf/34_1_e.pdf

And also from Harvard journal website

Slaughter, Anne-Marie and Burke-White, William (2006) ‘The Future of International law is Domestic (or, The European Way of Law)’, 47(2) Harvard International Law Journal 327, p 333.

http://www.harvardilj.org/print/59

if your really can be bothered

Chimni, B.S. (2004) ‘International Institutions Today: An Imperial Global State in the Making’, 15(1) European Journal of International Law 1, p 8.

http://www.ejil.org/journal/Vol15/No1/art1.html

Last edited:

iwannarock

HSC
holy shit.

thanks for all that.

:wave:

i think i have all the articles i need now.

time to start reading/writing.

:burn:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Woah, Tabris! I should've waited for your post!

Well, I handed my essay this afternoon, for better or worse. Its gone.

Melsc, I have a rule re: word counts. Firstly, minus every single heading/title etc from the word count (I figure if they want a report, then the headings aren't included in the word count). Then, if you're still over, I think its okay to minus about 50 from the count you write down, because (when double spaced) then its only about 3 lines, so 1.5 sentences.

... Hopefully that will bring your word count down a bit. I think mine (which this time actually was legitimately accurate) was about 7/8 pages.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Mines a bout 200 over which is really good for me. I'll reference in the morning and then enjoy const!

I hope mines ok but it seems everyone has a different take on it, which is fair enough, its a broad question.

iwannarock

HSC
and im done.

this essay is the most poorly written garbage i have ever put to MS word in a LOOOOONG time.

i dont think i've written something this bad since remedies.

painful to read but i refuse to fix it.

thanks for the help guys.

your help was the speckle of glitter in the shit that was my essay.

p = degree.........p = degree..........p..........aaaaaaaah fuck it.

Tabris

HSC
Now thats all over, we have 6 weeks to do a bigger research assignment.

Sorry for not posting it earlier MJ

but if u have decided on the research topic, post the topic, if I am doing the same or cross over something that might be helpful, I'll post the source up.

maka

HSC
I have to finish this Constit. assignment and then write up a Constit. presentation.

The only problem is that Iain hasnt put up the tutorial readings for what the presentation is on. I could read the chapter but I am not reading any more than I have too.

iwannarock

HSC
i have referenced south park..........in a law essay.

"Abortion isn’t wrong…abortion is the ultimate form of cheating. You’re cheating nature itself. Why do rich white girls get ahead in life? Because they get abortions when they’re young. They get pregnant but they still want to go to college so, whatever, they just cheat. They cheat that little critter in their belly right out of a chance at life"

for real.......right in the intro............eric cartman in all his glory.

i don't care if it gets an insta fail.

i'll die a happy man knowing i put south park in a "law is serious business" law essay.

800 words to go.

this is going much better than IL atleast.

:p

maka

HSC
Absolute class.

It seems relevant to Health Law too, so I dont think it would be seen negatively.

Tabris

HSC
The big rsearch assignment due 4 weeks away.. so whos doing what topic?

This is going to be even worse than the other essay q....

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I've settled on humanitarian intervention. Not overly interested in the topic, but there is stacks of issues and papers out there written about it. Thinking of focusing on it in relation to human rights. Still upset that my original topic was shot down :(

Is anyone else here doing International Organisations by chance? It is insanely awful this essay... I've identified the issues, but heaven knows where I'm supposed to start to research for a problem question!!

IWR, you're awesome :D

p.s. Can someone explain what these little pink skulls are that are scattered around the forum??

Tabris

HSC
3000 words and i am still making notes off the papers, this is going to be a close shave....

My topic is humanitarian intervention,

somewhere along the lines of whether humanitarian intervention , although not currently and exception to use of force, can be developed as an exception?

There was heaps of good footnotes in the Triggs book.... and also, if u want to find journals, Austlii and AGIS has got very little....

Try using JSTOR, it has access to full PDF's....

http://simsrad.net.ocs.mq.edu.au/login?url=http://www.jstor.org/search/AdvancedSearch

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Did you hear his comments at the beginning of the lecture? About how our papers this year are inferior?! It seems that I'm in the inferior cohort every year...

Apparently a lot of people mentioned the theoretical stuff about whether int. law is really law, and stuff about the courts. I'm confused; why would someone mention that kinda stuff? Especially with such few words.

Tabris, ta for the PM. I haven't had time yet to check out the links, but I really appreciate your help! I cant believe you've started! I'm planning on geting moving next week, after these two current assignments are done. I think I'll look at humanitarian intervention and whether it really protects the human rights of those it seeks to protect.

iwannarock

HSC
aah hahahah good ole rafiq.

any year with me in it is the inferior cohort

you know his rant about putting in a sit down exam next year? he had the exact same rant in my tutorial.

i had a tiny part in setting him off on that.

due to my non-participatory (ie: tutorial = sleep time) nature he often always asks me a question.

to which i reply "i dont know" and put my head back down.

well this time........boy did he get angry.

"you don't know?..........then why are you here?........whats the point of coming........"

and before i could answer he want on a big rant about participation this and free loaders that and sit down exams.

strange sense of accomplishment i have.

my essay was 50% the problems then 50% solutions.

i hope im not a failing person. i think i could have been failed on how poorly mine was written though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)