400/500 Law Electives (1 Viewer)

iwannarock

HSC
so dispute resolution friday.

then litigation monday.

dispute resolution is fine.

litigation on the other hand..........oh boy. i will be cramming on sunday.

if anyone wants some good litigation notes from some guy from last year pm me.

although i think they may be the notes that have been floating around that everyone has.

iwannarock

HSC
multiple choice done yay! i hope i have atleast half of those right..

now about 12 hours or so to get through these short answers.

its about 2000 words all up.

so its the usual all nighter.

:eek:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Oh. My. God.

That was supposed to only take 3 hours - the same as a sit down. What a lie. It took me 15 hours of solid work. My brain is fried. Totally disgusting. She is so mean giving it out at 2pm. I fell into bed at 4am, up again at 8:30.

but...

I HAVE FINISHED MY LAW DEGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D :D :D

provided I don't fail litigation

It doesn't have the same excitement to it as finishing the HSC. Maybe because I have to go back to work tomorrow and have no fun holidays planned.

Belinda

O_o
HSC
MaryJane said:
Oh. My. God.

That was supposed to only take 3 hours - the same as a sit down. What a lie. It took me 15 hours of solid work. My brain is fried. Totally disgusting. She is so mean giving it out at 2pm. I fell into bed at 4am, up again at 8:30.

but...

I HAVE FINISHED MY LAW DEGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D :D :D

provided I don't fail litigation

It doesn't have the same excitement to it as finishing the HSC. Maybe because I have to go back to work tomorrow and have no fun holidays planned.
Me too!! Congrats to you! I don't fee the glee yet, I'm sure it'll come after I get more sleep.

Tabris

HSC
Its almost re-enrolment time!

Anyone made up their mind on the electives?

As for me

Sem1:
LAW405 remedies
LAW428 trade practices act
LAW503 tax law
LAW xxx

Sem2:
LAW406 Biz Org
LAW500 Litigation
LAWxxx

Still deciding on 2 electives..... probably give it a shot at the international moot?

Too bad, alot of the units are interdisciplinary -looking forward to some real black letter law stuff

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I know the elective choice isn't great :(

I am doing:
Sem 1
Remedies
Access to Justice Placement
Health Law and ethics

Sem 2
Litigation
Biz Orgs
Dispute Resolution

Tabris I think International Moot is Jessup which was chosen mid last year.

I hope Trial Advocacy runs next year!

Last edited:

Tabris

HSC
I cant find practice in public interest, is it now called Access to justice Placement?

pablito

HSC
i was just glancing at some of the pre requisites for 400/500 law electives, and most seem to be flexible. does this mean, i can start doing these electives as soon as 2nd and third year?

Tabris

HSC
Some of the 400/500 electives only require 6 CP at 300 level, it means that you can start doing electives in your 2nd semester 3rd year

iwannarock

HSC
well im doing

IT Law.

and Environmental law.

i know what it law is like.

but havent heard much about environmental law?

is it good?

my other two options are advanced administrative law (snore) and european law.

i read about euro law and it seems fun although i'll probably hate the mock trials. seems like a lot of work.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
EU law is quite enjoyable. Roy is fantastic and really knows his stuff, and the content is interesting; it's refreshing to see how another legal system works (and how it doesn't).

Mind you, it isn't as cruisy as other units attendanc-wise because all it is is seminars (twice a week), so you need to be there for 80% of them. The mock trials are no work at all; we planned our arguments with the opponents and all you have to do is sit up the front of the class and give your little spiel. The assessments are quite challenging - and he did mention he'd make them harder this year after we complained about one being too easy (sorry guys!!)

IWR, it totally feels wrong to hear you talk about going back to uni. You should be graduating with the rest of us!! (not that I'm attending the graduation, but still).

iwannarock

HSC
im actually excited to go back.

i miss it.

oh ofcourse give it exactly 6 weeks and i'll be up here complaining about so and so assignment and venting and posting many santas.

i stuck with it and environmental so i could go to uni on tuesdays because i have some non-law friends there on that day.

i was never going to graduation anyway so its not a big deal graduating halfway though the year. even if i did finish last year and went to graduation im not really friends with any of them so don't think im missing out.

this two subject bandit will graduate with his fellow half year slackers.

iwannarock

HSC
ps i think i saw one of your friends whos doing/did law at castle hill rsl once probably a month or two ago. the one that was feeling ill at the almight bus orgs exam. i think it was bus orgs.

piwi

HSC
Hi guys

So, I have been reading your posts over the past few months and finally registered so I can join in the fun!

I'm in my final year (YAY!) of LLB:

Semester 1
Remedies, Trade Practices and Health Law

Semester 2
Litigation, Bus Orgs (urgh!), Media (?), ADR

I'm external, as I work full time at a law firm, and hoping somebody else is doing some of the same so we can share and share alike...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)