4025808's Maths Tutoring around Eastwood/Epping area and UNSW :) (2 Viewers)

Vespene

HSC
Hey I'm a student in yr 11 attending S.S.C BWB, although this may be a broad topic but, who are the maths teacher that you want to avoid and how does the bwb 4u maths system work?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hey I'm a student in yr 11 attending S.S.C BWB, although this may be a broad topic but, who are the maths teacher that you want to avoid and how does the bwb 4u maths system work?
The maths teachers are Mr Wilson, Mr Matchette, Ms Hatzi, Ms Daley and Mr Paraskevers. 4U you need to show good results in Preliminary for a supplementary test. If you do well in Prelim + Supplementary test (hint: they are past 4U papers that can be done with your preliminary knowledge) then you get a place in 4U.

If you need help throughout the year give me a shout, happy to help a fellow bwber out. (Though I have graduated)

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
The maths teachers are Mr Wilson, Mr Matchette, Ms Hatzi, Ms Daley and Mr Paraskevers. 4U you need to show good results in Preliminary for a supplementary test. If you do well in Prelim + Supplementary test (hint: they are past 4U papers that can be done with your preliminary knowledge) then you get a place in 4U.

If you need help throughout the year give me a shout, happy to help a fellow bwber out. (Though I have graduated)
Spiralflex explained it well. Although on the other hand, for my cohort, they just let anyone in (coz of the crappy nature of the cohort, despite us doing quite well in 4U anyway).

I am also able to help you out whenever you need me :)

The teachers you should definitely have are:

Mr Paraskevas (he's funny; I had him for 4U Maths)
Ms Hatzi (she really explains things in detail, although she can get a bit loud haha)
Ms Daley (she really tries to push ppl to work harder, although some avg intelligence ppl may not understand her that well)

Try to avoid having Mr Matchett esp. if you're the type of person who is considered naughty and all. He's a good teacher (he really tries to help you out and all), but sometimes he's really stubborn (imo), and he can't explain things too well either.

I don't know anything about Mr Wilson coz I never had him before.

Vespene

HSC
Mr Paraskevas, my year calls him jimmy neutron cuz of his hair and head o.o. I have this teacher who came last yr called Ms Howliet and Mr Matchett is on leave. Atm paraskevas is currently head of maths.
Also Mr matchett seems to not like people taking extension... cuz when I was in yr 10 choose subjects, ppl who wern't reccomended for 3u maths had to talk to him and start this whole massive arguement which took 15mins+

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Don't listen to Mr M. he's trying to scare you he told me with the organization skills I had I wouldn't even cope with 4U

HSC
Uni Grad
Mr Paraskevas, my year calls him jimmy neutron cuz of his hair and head o.o. I have this teacher who came last yr called Ms Howliet and Mr Matchett is on leave. Atm paraskevas is currently head of maths.
Also Mr matchett seems to not like people taking extension... cuz when I was in yr 10 choose subjects, ppl who wern't reccomended for 3u maths had to talk to him and start this whole massive arguement which took 15mins+
Oh nice. I'll need to take a visit to BWB sometime soon. I'll need to catch up with Mr Paraskevas. Paraskevas is quite easy to talk to imo, and as I said above, hilarious as shiet. I can show you some of the pics I took that was funny.

Mr Matchett just seems to hate people who can't pick up things quickly tbh, that's my thoughts.

222384_213492565342043_8267125_n.jpg

If you have morning classes, he can be one of the biggest trolls out. When you get to school at 7:40, sometimes he may just cancel the class. ffs wasting sleep time. =_=

Oh and also, he posts up 4U maths marks outside of his classroom.

Don't listen to Mr M. he's trying to scare you he told me with the organization skills I had I wouldn't even cope with 4U
And yet you got an E4 for 4U maths.

Vespene

HSC
Oh nice. I'll need to take a visit to BWB sometime soon. I'll need to catch up with Mr Paraskevas. Paraskevas is quite easy to talk to imo, and as I said above, hilarious as shiet. I can show you some of the pics I took that was funny.

Mr Matchett just seems to hate people who can't pick up things quickly tbh, that's my thoughts.

View attachment 27658

If you have morning classes, he can be one of the biggest trolls out. When you get to school at 7:40, sometimes he may just cancel the class. ffs wasting sleep time. =_=

Oh and also, he posts up 4U maths marks outside of his classroom.
That photo... I swear i have seen that on my facebook before...

HSC
Uni Grad
Taking on students for this year.

Willing to take on students who live around Kensington/Kingsford area and are willing to travel to UNSW.

HSC
Uni Grad
Bumping again. Only taking students who live around Eastwood/Epping area. Am willing to drive :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)