• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

4U Eng 4U Maths Chemistry Allowed? (1 Viewer)

TBK11

HSC
umm i don't know where this belongs im currently in yr10 jus curious to know if u can do this sorry if this isn't where it belongs

Advance English
English Extension 1
English Extension 2

Mathamatics
Mathamatics extenstion 1
Mathamatics extenstion 2

Chemistry

for HSC Subjects total=10Units is this allowed thanks

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
TBK11 said:
umm i don't know where this belongs im currently in yr10 jus curious to know if u can do this sorry if this isn't where it belongs

Advance English
English Extension 1
English Extension 2

Mathamatics
Mathamatics extenstion 1
Mathamatics extenstion 2

Chemistry

Nope, that combination is impossible as you need to have at least 4 different subjects. You only have 3 subjects, namely Maths, English and Chemistry.

To be elligible for UAI, you will need to have at least 10 units of subject and 4 different subjects.

swathard

HSC
TBK11 said:

Advance English
English Extension 1
English Extension 2

Mathamatics
Mathamatics extenstion 1
Mathamatics extenstion 2

Chemistry

you need 4 subjects - which means that you must do 12 units if you want to do the two extension 2s and chem.. you wont be eligible for a UAI if you only do 3 subjects equating to 10 units.. but you can do 10 units with 4 subjects, e.g. 4 english, 2 maths, chem and phys or something.

but yeah..

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I’ve told you this before but here goes again -

You need 4 subjects equating to 10units or more and I seriously don’t recommend you doing 4u English and 4u maths it'll be too much to handle. I say just do 4u maths since it is based on formulas/equations and just being able to apply them.

The subjects I recommend for you are

4u maths
2u advanced English
2u Chemistry
2u Biology
-------
10u total

Plus it's better off doing biology since you want to do MBBS (in my opinion) and biology and chemistry make a good pair.

As for English its based on writing and being able to transfer writing skills from your brain to paper.

Anywho just go for 4u maths, English will be a drag... (a drag down for your UAI if you mess it up)

Edit: I don’t really like English so I am being biased

suzlee

HSC
So all these things I kept hearing about people who did 4U maths, 4U english + 2U of some other subject getting 99+ UAIs are not true?

HSC
suzlee said:
So all these things I kept hearing about people who did 4U maths, 4U english + 2U of some other subject getting 99+ UAIs are not true?
you need 4 subjects..

i plan to do 4u english 4u maths as well..but with physics and lega studies

12 units and 4 different subjects..

TBK11

HSC
suzlee said:

Seems like its not true so for a UAI u need 4 different subs totaling 10U or more
bah ahh well too far to be thinking this much ahead Thanks everyone who responded

Last edited:

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
What about doing:

English + Maths Extension 1
One of the extension 2's
Chemistry
1U Religion

Or
Both Extensions
Chemistry
Another 2U subject?

You won't qualify for a UAI with only three subjects.

TBK11

HSC
supercalamari said:
You won't qualify for a UAI with only three subjects.
But like why i mean you have 10 Units those are the requirements why does it have to be 4 subjects i mean lets say if i do

4U Maths
4U English
Chemistry
Biology

thats 12 units they will take my best 10U to my UAI so whats the point in doing an Extra Subject doesn't make sense

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
TBK11 said:
But like why i mean you have 10 Units those are the requirements why does it have to be 4 subjects i mean lets say if i do

4U Maths
4U English
Chemistry
Biology

thats 12 units they will take my best 10U to my UAI so whats the point in doing an Extra Subject doesn't make sense
I don't set the rules... the Board of Studies does. Go to the official BoS website and look at their pdf guide for year ten students if you need to.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
yeah agreed. you could do those subjects and just do another one as well, but then you'd have 12 subjects.

you could just like completely ignore the other subject though and that way it was like you had 10 subjects ;D

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Why would you want to do Extension 2 English if you have an angry face next to English?

You need 4 subjects. But you can just bludge in the extra 2units.

TBK11

HSC
kaz1 said:
Why would you want to do Extension 2 English if you have an angry face next to English?

You need 4 subjects. But you can just bludge in the extra 2units.
jus an expression cause english is boring but easy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)