6 Months Left (1 Viewer)

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I'm serious. What is wrong with asking for advice so I can try to improve my marks for these type of assessments?
No problem whatsoever. More year 10s should adopt the attitude which you have.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
No problem whatsoever. More year 10s should adopt the attitude which you have.
Thanks Demento! Praise yourself as well though, starting assignments early - something everyone should do! :)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
We've had a few of those assessments this year. What is the best way to prepare for these type of assessments?
How have you been doing them so far?

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
How have you been doing them so far?
I don't try to memorise complete essays but I do try to memorise and understand the information I will need to write about so I can answer the question effectively on the day and I won't be affected if I forget an entire essay :)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't try to memorise complete essays but I do try to memorise and understand the information I will need to write about so I can answer the question effectively on the day and I won't be affected if I forget an entire essay :)
That's pretty much what I did in the HSC and in university so I can't really say you're doing anything wrong in my opinion.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
good tactic

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Occasionally do this but I now find the key points which I need to address and I memorise and understand them. When I enter my examinations, I ensure that I answer the key points I recalled and weave them into structured sentences. I find it better then memorising a whole essay as I'm just incapable of it.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Occasionally do this but I now find the key points which I need to address and I memorise and understand them. When I enter my examinations, I ensure that I answer the key points I recalled and weave them into structured sentences. I find it better then memorising a whole essay as I'm just incapable of it.
Yes, I remember trying to remember entire essays. It never worked haha!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say it depends on the subject for those type of research assessments. History and Science ones for them are really different! But your methodology sounds good for any humanity really :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)