6000 words? (1 Viewer)

theycallmebob

HSC
So my major work is 6000 words as of now, not for lack of effort, just that I have had trouble figuring out where to go from where I am at, as the story itself is pretty much finished. it is due tomorrow, so I'm going to squeeze in as many words as I can.

But if it ends up being only 6000, how much of a hinderance will that be in terms of marks?

Last edited:

dwayne95

HSC
I'm in the exact same situation! I've got 6,229 words at the moment. My writing style is naturally quite understated and sparse and I feel my plot has been fully explored so to add anything would seem too wordy and pointless to me. But I'm still worried that being close to the minimum of the word limit is going to diadvantage me! Anyone have any advice?

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
If its a whole story with no parts missing I don't see why it would be a hindrance?

theycallmebob

HSC
If its a whole story with no parts missing I don't see why it would be a hindrance?
I meant a hinderance in terms of marking, would the markers make it a point against me that it is only the minimum amount.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Short stories should be 6000-8000 words.

Mine was around 7800 iirc, but I'm very verbose - I like going on and on.

If you write quicker to the point, and barely get over 6000, and the story is still good... then it'll still get a great mark.

dwayne95

HSC
Short stories should be 6000-8000 words.

Mine was around 7800 iirc, but I'm very verbose - I like going on and on.

If you write quicker to the point, and barely get over 6000, and the story is still good... then it'll still get a great mark.
Thank you shadowdude! That's what I thought, but it's good to hear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)