7 News (Best university for getting a full time job" (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
guys the entire employment rate thing is all manipulated

if you graduate with a pharmacy degree and you go work in mcdonalds, they still count you in that " 97%"
o yes, how could i forget that after you have told me multiple times lol, that explains quite a lot.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Side note: it's incredibly ironic that the person making fun of fashion degrees is from UTS. That reflects so poorly on the university, and has eliminated desire from me to go there completely.
It was pretty obvious from how short that interview was that they had asked a few questions and then prompted him to answer like he did by giving him the statistics on fashion graduates employment rates and asking him to comment. Journalists do that kind of stuff all the time. The whole thing was pretty terrible, it's foolish to compete unis against each other as a whole rather than in seperate fiels. For example ACU ranked highly for employment rates, every single person i know at ACU is studying to become a teacher or nuse and despite what 7 news wants you to believe those fields are very easy to get jobs in as there is a bit of a shortage.

Most of all i hate the interviews with that hsc student kid, i'm sorry if he visits here or is reading this but no matter what his opinion is, true or false, he is hardly qualified to be talking about the topic. I love how he disses the whole concept of prestige but is wanting to do Law, i agee that prestige is essentially useless but in the eyes of people employing law graduates... Good luck buddy!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
wow WTF education having one of the highest unemployment rates, what even. Consider maths education for example..., where there's actually a shortage..

meh, there's a reason why i dont follow channel 7 anyway, such a load of garbage.
Oversaturation of PDHPE teachers.

Memento-mori

HSC
Isn't UTS known to be quite a flexible uni though? Unless your thinking of USYD
Probs for science and business. But with the case for communication degrees, I can't have my sub-major as Media Arts & Production (why?). The only thing you can combine Design with is International Studies. To change your major, you have to apply through UAC again. I can see why UTS has a terrific reputation for engineering, science, business- you can cross combine it, they have the facilities and lecturers, etc and you can mould it to what you want to do.

It's worse than Usyd in terms of flexibility.

denny94

HSC
BARELY NO JOBS FOR LIFE SCIENCE DEVO, I guess it aint that practical but there is a very shortage of jobs for those that pursue a science degree.

George121

HSC
I guess i take back all the jokes about Notre Dame - this made me consider going there ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)