7th Grade AMEB Exam (1 Viewer)

tranandy

HSC
This is more of a question of curiosity, but is it possible to be able to sit the exam in a time span of two months? You know all your scales, aural and pieces but they're not exactly perfect. Could you still pass?

Last edited:

madharris

HSC
N/A
Yeah it's possible but it may be a bit difficult as most people prepare for it in a space of 6-12 months.

Your scales are basically the same as your 6th grade ones but with a few more, so you just need to learn and perfect those. You also need to play them I little bit faster.

Sightreading is basically the same, maybe just a tiny bit different

If I recall correctly, I think aural tests actually get easier (at least for me)

As with general knowledge, it's basically just a little bit of research

However regarding your pieces, you will need to practice everyday for hours! You will need to learn to perfect your pieces as much as possible as well as show of your control of the instrument while performing these pieces to the examiners. It may be a bit difficult to both learn and play your pieces an an appropriate level to do well as not only are they new pieces, but they are more difficult than your 6th grade ones.

I would probably advise against preparing from scratch with only 2 months as it may be a bit stressful and at the moment, you don't know how hard it is. The reason that people follow AMEB grades is to slowly learn how to 'master' their instruments and learn about the different things that it can do. If you race through your grades, you may miss a lot of this learning.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
you have to do the aural part too, where you sing -_-.. hated that

tranandy

HSC
Yeah it's possible but it may be a bit difficult as most people prepare for it in a space of 6-12 months.

Your scales are basically the same as your 6th grade ones but with a few more, so you just need to learn and perfect those. You also need to play them I little bit faster.

Sightreading is basically the same, maybe just a tiny bit different

If I recall correctly, I think aural tests actually get easier (at least for me)

As with general knowledge, it's basically just a little bit of research

However regarding your pieces, you will need to practice everyday for hours! You will need to learn to perfect your pieces as much as possible as well as show of your control of the instrument while performing these pieces to the examiners. It may be a bit difficult to both learn and play your pieces an an appropriate level to do well as not only are they new pieces, but they are more difficult than your 6th grade ones.

I would probably advise against preparing from scratch with only 2 months as it may be a bit stressful and at the moment, you don't know how hard it is. The reason that people follow AMEB grades is to slowly learn how to 'master' their instruments and learn about the different things that it can do. If you race through your grades, you may miss a lot of this learning.
I'm a bit worried about the sight reading as I heard it would be difficult. The aural tests that have to do with pitch seem a bit hard, I'm not sure if I can sing the notes properly, I know what they sound like but coming out of my mouth? It probably won't sound as nice. I've stated preparing 2 months ago and only just payed to sit the test yesterday, but it's in two months and I'm a bit worried. I've learnt my scales and my pieces but they're not perfect - yet. I still need to do more work, but I've been told by my music teachers at school that its impossible - Not exactly encouraging.. This is my first exam to be honest so I'm a bit nervous on how it all works.. All I want is to past, I'm not expecting an A or anything.

you have to do the aural part too, where you sing -_-.. hated that
Dreading that, I can't sing to save my life!

Last edited:

asianinvasion

HSC
As in you've done the 4th grade theory exam? Then yeah if you get your pieces up to scratch you could pass. But why the rush?

tranandy

HSC
As in you've done the 4th grade theory exam? Then yeah if you get your pieces up to scratch you could pass. But why the rush?
Yeah I have. Why the rush? I'm not quite sure, but I know I wanted to get the exam over and done with before I hit Year 12 and lose time to practice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)