8 marker (1 Viewer)

tanyaa23

HSC
What scientists did you guys put for the last question

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Three of the ones who contributed to chromosomes theory of inheritence, i.e Mendel, Sea urchin dude, Sutton and Boveri

noctua

HSC
Does it really matter if you talk about 4 people?
I talked about Mendel, Sutton, Boveri and Thomas Cunt Morgan

shved

HSC
lol I mentioned 6 people in total - Mendel, Sutton/Boveri, Watson/Crick and Franklin gg

hecticated

HSC
I spoke about Mendel, Morgan and Boveri (wanted to talk about sutton but it said THREE so idk)

blast92

Aim: 85+
HSC
I put (in order) Mendel (pea plants), Morgan (fruit flies) and Sutton (crickets). What do you guys reckon?

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Q was something along the lines of "Biological knowledge is advanced by scientists testing ideas in different times with current technologies. scientist's explanations are then either modified or verified.

Justify this statement with reference to THREE scientists in regards to inheritance."

^ was something like that but not exactly.

I used Mendel and said shit about factors and independent assortment, etc and the monohybrid ratio. Then i was like "morgan demonstrated that the monohybrid ratio doesn't apply to sex linked genes as there is a bias towards males being affected" and then was like it was modified. Then I talked about Sutton/Boveri who demonstrated mendel's laws and that chromosomes carried the factors (i.e. they verified what mendel said).

I ended up talking about 4 but who the fuck cares i am too kewl 4 skewl

Simile

HSC
N/A
I talked about 5, what technologies did you also mention?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Mendel and Sutton and Boveri..

As an idiot I am, I didnt read the stupid question so I wrote the 2 scientist(sutton and boveri) then at the last minute and my awesome english stn skills I wrote about Mendel at the end.

and the technology I used was that Sutton and Boveri had gain the aid of microscopes to observe chromosomes..

and that mendel didnt have an technology at this time..

Last edited:
HSC
The question specifically asked for 3 students.

Those who wrote about 4 or more would have long responses which would probably lose a mark for not being succinct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)