850 Words in 34mins (1 Viewer)

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Okay so I've been doing several Section III practice responses and consistently getting 34-35mins under timed conditions getting 850 words, without my notes.
This just includes my prescribed and one related text and my teacher says my analysis is good.

What I'm wondering is, should I add more analysis and make my essay longer?

Or should I leave it as is in case a two relates are asked in which case I can incorporate without a problem,
Or leave it so I can spend more time on the section 1 5/6 marker or a curve ball Section II question?

deswa1

HSC
Well personally, I spend more time on S3 because there length is strength but in the creative you can get good marks with less writing. So I'd be inclined to make it longer but that depends on your creative length etc. You have to keep in mind that on the day it will take you longer than 34 mins because you have to adapt to the question on the day. If you do add something extra though and the question asks for two relateds, I would probs just delete whatever you add now.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Well personally, I spend more time on S3 because there length is strength but in the creative you can get good marks with less writing. So I'd be inclined to make it longer but that depends on your creative length etc. You have to keep in mind that on the day it will take you longer than 34 mins because you have to adapt to the question on the day. If you do add something extra though and the question asks for two relateds, I would probs just delete whatever you add now.
I've been doing adaptations! I pick a random trail hsc question, have 2mins reading time then write from scratch.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
That sounds ideal but if you feel that certain parts of your essay is lacking then you should probably amend that provided it won't take too long. But it really comes down to personal preference in the exam! If you plan on doing Section 3 first then I suggest you try to use the section to save time and accumulate that saved time so that the last section you do you spend the most time on and ensure that a solid 13+/15 is achieved. If you plan on doing the paper S1, S2, S3 then check if you have the time to add to your essay because why not? Personally I do it S2/S3 or S3/S2 but always S1 last because I prefer having the extra reading and writing time on something I haven't prepared for.

Together my essay and creative is 1950 words (give or take 50) and will probably be more depending on the question. The creative (~900 words) takes me 27 minutes to write out (so lets give it 30 minutes depending on the question) and the essay (~1000 words) 32 minutes (35 depending on the question) but I'm not going to add more analysis to my essay or bits to my creative because I know my time is more valuable being spent on Section 1. In my honest opinion Section 1 is a free 15 marks but I require extra time to read because I read slower than the average person and if you feel that way then I suggest you do the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)