8th grade piano exam (1 Viewer)

raceryt

HSC
hey has anybody done their piano exam for 8th grade?
could u give me any tips on how to get an A???

raceryt

HSC

raceryt

HSC

raceryt

HSC
yeah i need tips quickly
my exam is on the 17th next month

onceupon_a_time

HSC
assuming that you are doing AMEB , know your general knowledge, E tests, practice your sight reading, scales. Just practise everything.
Be confident in your playing no matter if you screw up, just keep playing. Dont repeat notes twice if you screw it up just continue. Dont dwell on mistakes. Before you start a scale, or a piece thing through it , breathe before it and think of how fast you are playing it.
Just do what you have done in your previous exams really.

raceryt

HSC
my last exam was grade 2
so ive skipped a few grades
do you have any tips for listening to the lower notes???
i always have trouble with dat
u noe when they play a short song and u have to sing out the lower notes?

inconnuBubble

HSC
Instead of playing the chords and trying to sing it straight away, play the lower section, then the higher, then the entire chords, and try to hear the lower part you've played earlier. Keep doing this until you can kind of differentiate between the lower and higher parts without playing them separately first~
It helped me :S
Good luck~

kyokaku92

HSC
Who is your examiner and what songs are you playing? You must appeal to the examiner straight away with your technical work. AMEB examiners love testing that shit and place emphasis on it, assuming that List A- a technical baroque piece (try not to play too fast and keep at a reasonable tempo)
List B- A sonata movt (same as list A)
List C- Romantic (I highly recommend use plenty of rubato and expression particularly for Chopin)
List D- Contemporary (there are many interpretations, play with your own sense of style)

Examiners will be impressed if you can memorise your pieces

Don't freak out if you make a mistake or screw up a section, just continue playing until the end (this includes sight reading). Practise singing la la la for pitch as this may help for aural (clapping/humming is not advisable), for gen knowledge, just regurgitate all info you know about the piece, the composer and his life. Do all this and with luck the examiner has a wet dream over your playing, you should get an A. I did....:D although I barely passed AmusA after 2 times :pirate:

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
A good way to practice getting bass lines is listen to recordings you like... of bands or whatever... and try and sing the Bass part....

If you can pick a bass part out of 15 parts it's going to be easy to pick it out of 2...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)