90+ ppl: When did u start studying? (1 Viewer)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
i had a study timetable which i followed all yr....abt 3 hrs a night and then during exam time (half yearly and trials), id have a different timetable which began 2 weeks b4 exams and during STUVAC i studied abt 5 hrs a day........all that and i only got 94.10......yeh im not naturally smart.....:(........just revise the work u get in class each night and dont fall behind......

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
No study except for maths until about 3 weeks before trials. Then a break after trials and started back into it in the last week of school and then throughout stuvac. During stuvac I prolly did about 5-6 hours a day. Not solid though. Instead of studying during the year i just made sure my assessments were perfect and put a lot of time into them.

mack

Banned
HSC
joujou_84 said:
i had a study timetable which i followed all yr....abt 3 hrs a night and then during exam time (half yearly and trials), id have a different timetable which began 2 weeks b4 exams and during STUVAC i studied abt 5 hrs a day........all that and i only got 94.10......yeh im not naturally smart.....:(........just revise the work u get in class each night and dont fall behind......

If it makes you feel any better, I did 4-5 hours every single night, same amount on weekends, around 8 in stuvac and only got 94.85...

dollparts

this above all else?
HSC
i did all my homework and most optional work, and crammed before every assessment... which i guess means i crammed the whole year. i really should have done better...

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
Well, I onli started doing some reading and stuff during stuvac, then about a week or two weeks before the exams, i started writing notes and doing practice papers. I swear, you have to do practice papers for maths!!!!! and umm, I memorised generic essays for English and Ext english by reading them 10 times (sometimes the day before the exam). And, the whole year, even during the HSC i had 20 HRS OF BALLET A WEEK!!!! (those ppl stop for no one!!!!)..... so all in all, I basically spent the day before my exam doing some good solid study for most of the day

and i still got 96.55

Acid

HSC
_Bushra_ said:
wtf is stuvac and rote?
someone plz help me out
Stuvac = Student 'Vacation'. It's the two week study "holiday" we get before the HSC...

ramin_87

rote = learning from memory (thus memorising) and to all hsc students there is no magic formula for studying. Basically, you should study how long it takes you to learn and fully understand your course content. Be consistent in your study, don't leave things till the last minute and make sure you understand everything you read and hear. Remember, study hard, not smart. By that I mean don't try to meet a certain number of hours a day, just study the necessary time it takes you to learn and understand the content of your own course. Also keep a balance in your life, don't just study all day and all night, watch a bit of t.v. or play a little sport. Most importantly study the way you feel best, someone else's study routine may not work for you, do what's best for yourself. Personally I studied this way and got a uai of 98.25, so my advice is credible. But study the way and time that works best for you and assists you in understanding "all" of your course content.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
I like crammed 24/7 for maths three months prior to the exams....and only got 93, goddamn it.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
lets see, um for me i started at about 9pm each night did my homework which i hadn't finished in my frees - took about an hour.

then actual study i did from about say from about 10:30pm to about 1 or 2am so that worked out at about 3-4 hours study a night. Just doing stuff like study notes, practice essays, summaried posters for wall, etc.

saturdays i did from about 10am-3pm and sundays just did about 2 hours - and yeah every so often i had a night out with my friends - or took a saturday out to go shoping with the girls etc. so while i did study alot i managed to fit in some social life.

mmm i guess i pretty much studied right though year 11 and 12 - in the end it was worth it for me -

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
cherryblossom said:
I like crammed 24/7 for maths three months prior to the exams....and only got 93, goddamn it.
I thought you were yr11???

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I couldn't keep to a strict schedule...I studied in fits like most people. Although 'study' was a great excuse for clearing the house of family members and taking long nude strolls.

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
i didnt study consistently throughout... during stuvac i finished off making notes... some i juz got off this site coz i was too lazy.... i did some past papers and essays also during stuvac mainly to convince myself that i wasnt being lazy..... i just studied hard the day before my exams... i didnt started studying early coz i knew that if i did i would stop studying the day before my exams..... if i have to study alot i lose motivation.....i also payed attention in class... i made sure i knew most of the course content... although in ipt and sdd i was just lucky coz most of the stuff i didnt kno werent in the exams :D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
S_Kaye said:
started doing all my homework in year 10.
then in year 11 started doing a few hours of studying per night.
then year 12 started studying 6 hours per day through hols up to trials and through to stuvac, then for stuvac around 6-10 hours.
didnt feel like i was doing anything though!
got 98.65 in the end so i was okay with everything.
do homework and you will be fine.
whoa! You have got to be joking right?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Only seriously started studying at about the July/August time period. But throughout year i usually did all set homework, which in my school only take about 10 minutes, except for english because it was always the same things. When seriously studying I did about 2-3 hours on nights when school was on and about 6-7 hours during holidays. Majority of studying (probably about 60%) went towards 2/3 unit maths.

well i studied for the trials...and then did nothing till 1/2 days before the HSC exam. It sort of worked....but I think I got burnt out - I kicked ass in the trials I swear!

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
well i didn't study very hard throughout year 12. just listened in class and did my homework most of the time, but before the trials, i studied every single day for about 5-6 hours and same goes with stuvac. i guess my cramming paid off

nik_noodle

HSC
I barely did any study at all. Was doing about 6 hrs a day during STUVAC, but all thru the year i was pretty inconsistant! Happy with my 90+ but now feel guilty cause im like 'what could i have got if i actually did a fair amount of work' grrr. never read brave new world, slept thru all versions of lear, etc etc :)

dy357lx

bout a month before the HSC i studied for like 3 hours a day, then we had our graduation mass and i stopped.

Studied 2 days before the English exam and then only studied for certain subjects, pretty much ancient history and modern history, just took the exams as they came.

end result, 94.2, not too shabby

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
real study started at d begining of d final hols. set urself a balenced plann stick to it. in d 1st wk i revised nots, 2nd past ppers and in the last week was used to go over any probs. plus crammin the night b4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)